‘TOP WORKPLACES’ Award Winner!
Founded in 1950, our client is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. They employ the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.
Position and Responsibilities
As a Senior Electrical Engineer Lead, you will perform engineering design within industrial power systems. The design responsibilities will primarily be focused on AC power systems from 120V-15kV as well as PLC control systems and will be reviewed and approved by the senior engineers. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be required to design using the National Electric Code and other applicable standards. The Senior Electrical Engineer will work with and provide direction to electrical designers. The Senior Electrical Engineer position may have a career path toward a future Discipline Manger role based on performance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. Calculations include short circuit, voltage drop, cable/conduit/cable tray sizing, arc flash, lighting, heat trace, etc.
- Design detailed drawing packages including electrical one-line diagrams, installation details, bills of material, panel schedules, lighting plans, motor schematics, conduit/cable plans, field wiring diagrams, etc.
- Create specifications for various electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgear, motor control centers, etc.
- Assist in field work, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Engineering Technology degree or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required with a focus in power systems.
- 10+ years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- PE license preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Ability to multitask and organize for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, twist/bend, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in their state of residence.
What They Offer
Our client offers a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System. They provide an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel Insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program