$50 - $65/hour DOE
Our client is looking for an experienced Web Design Lead to be a part of the team that delivers outstanding experiences at their events. This role comprises a mix of design program management and implementation skills, along with a passion for technology and events.
The primary focus will be on web visual design for multiple events, spanning various audiences and touchpoints. This includes developing visual guidance and establishing best practices for executing compelling Web design for events. You will be part of a thriving multi-disciplinary team of designers and creatives working together to imagine, create, and oversee branded content across a variety of mediums, including web, print, motion design, and marketing communications.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their talent for conceptual thinking, clear storytelling, and inclusive design. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our digital presence by crafting visually stunning and user-centric websites that elevate our brand and engage our audience. You also should have a strong aesthetic and the ability to simplify complex ideas. You should be motivated, self-directed and enthusiastic with a desire to participate and grow in a highly collaborative environment, with a close-knit team of people who share a vision for developing, crafting and activating meaningful consumer experiences.
Lastly, you should have a strong familiarity and background in Design Ops, with the ambition to optimize, operationalize, and standardize the UI design program’s tools, resources, processes, and support models.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Lead and inspire a team of web designers, providing guidance, mentorship, and feedback to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality design work.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define project requirements, objectives, and design specifications.
Conceptualize and create innovative, user-friendly website designs, that align with brand identity and user experience goals.
• Collaboration on UI component libraries.
• Translate complex ideas into visually engaging and intuitive designs, ensuring responsive layouts for various devices and screen sizes.
• Manage multiple design projects simultaneously, adhering to deadlines and maintaining a high level of design consistency and quality across projects.
• Provide strategic input on design direction and user experience, contributing to discussions on website functionality, navigation, and features.
• Collaborate closely with developers to ensure seamless integration of design assets and maintain design integrity through the development process.
• Conduct design reviews and offer constructive feedback to team members, fostering a culture of growth and improvement.
• Clearly communicate creative concepts to multiple audiences, ensuring the idea is understood and aligned across key partners and leadership.
• Work collaboratively with other creative and production teams.
• Provide Web design choices and creative rationale.
• Proven experience (10+ years) in web design, with a strong portfolio showcasing a range of design projects, including responsive web designs and user interfaces.
• Brand or design agency background a plus
• Portfolio demonstrating range of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in web development, Graphic Design, or related field
• Experience managing/directing in-house studios, freelancer/contractor teams, or agencies.
• Proficiency in industry-standard design tools and experience designing and prototyping via a variety of tools, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and Figma.
• Positive attitude and growth mindset.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience with Fluent UI design language
• Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, information architecture, and user experience best practices.
• Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a design team to achieve outstanding results.
• Excellent communication skills to effectively convey design concepts, ideas, and rationale to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Knowledge of SEO principles and accessibility standards.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently or as a contributor.
• An active listener with a proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from reviewers and stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of the current state of web and mobile technology and best practices.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $50 – $65/hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match (if applicable).