$53.68 hr W2 + benefits + matching 401K
Preferred Locations: Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia
Locations Not Eligible: NY, NJ, CT, CA or WA (Seattle)
Our leading financial client is seeking a superstar Art Director!
As an Art Director you will conceptualize and execute on sophisticated solutions that align with business objectives while elevating the Live Event Experience Design. You’ll bring to life the vision of the event by leading and implementing project vision, innovative concepting, and designing of deliverables in various platforms and media. As a working AD you’ll review work, troubleshoot, provide feedback and deliver exceptional quality. You’ll collaboratively team with the senior graphic designers, motion designers, writers, vendors and agency partners. You’ll work lockstep with the Creative Director who oversees the creative for all events.
You are an experienced creative leader who influences innovative thinking and creates and develops strategic visions with your team that help our clients solve their most complex business challenges with unique solutions. You’ll look at every creative task as an experience, always pushing for a useful, memorable and innovative outcome. You’ll advance the work by drawing on vast experience and knowledge, settling for nothing less than exceptional.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Creative digital portfolio demonstrating outstanding conceptual thinking and design skills
• Eight years of related art direction and design experience, preferably in event design
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency in prototyping, Microsoft Office and Teams with sufficient knowledge to utilize PowerPoint as needed
• Ability and willingness to travel to event sites as needed
• Superb communication skills, with active listening and diplomacy when working with internal team members and business partners
• Ability to proactively foster exceptional client relationships to build trust and collaboration that leads to the co-development of new opportunities
• Active listening skills to fully comprehend stakeholders’ strategic vision and influence the development of the creative brief, which drives the story
• Experience driving development of comprehensive briefs, storyboards and layouts to effectively communicate environmental design ideas and experiential branding at live events
• Ability to conceptualize and execute on sophisticated solutions that align with business objectives while offering elevated live event experiences
• Initiative to lead creative ideation sessions inspiring new design perspectives
• Collaboration skills to consult with internal client and creative teams to analyze, develop, lead, and drive assigned projects within budget and timelines
• Experience leading creative project teams and individuals in implementing project vision, concept and design of deliverables in various platforms and media; review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback
• Success in critiquing design projects and providing constructive feedback when leading projects
• Strong executive presence with an ability to sell creative thinking and ideas across the organization and with senior level executives
• Ability to drive and articulate experiential design with clients and apply brand consistently across all audience touchpoints
• Experience working quickly and being agile under pressure
• Impeccable attention to detail across all aspects of the event experience
• Ability to conceptualize innovative spatially integrated brand experiences
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $43.68 to $553,68 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands.
Our talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.