Our large tech client is in need of a Marketing Assistant for 9 months onsite in Seattle, WA.
- Contribute actively to prospecting, lead generation, and qualification activities, utilizing industry insights and understanding customer priorities.
- Engage with potential clients, ranging up to Team Lead/VP level, demonstrating a deep understanding of the brand’s Shipping’s value proposition and discussing key focus areas effectively.
- Meet or exceed targets for lead generation and qualification, prioritizing prospects in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Utilize standard operating procedures (SOPs) to update CRM (Salesforce) promptly and qualify customers, facilitating swift onboarding to brand’s Shipping.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders such as marketing, sales, and commercial operations to ensure alignment in strategies and customer programs.
- Apply analytical skills to think strategically beyond individual campaigns, contributing to future planning and initiatives.
- Maintain effective communication channels internally and externally, ensuring concise and compelling documentation.
- Demonstrate decisiveness and agility in implementing ideas, fostering a culture of innovation and responsiveness.
- Actively listen to client needs, effectively communicate solutions, and close deals with a relentless focus on achieving goals.
- Work efficiently with distributed teams, fostering collaboration and synergy across locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience in client-facing roles, ideally in business development or related functions.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and maintain discipline in achieving objectives.
- Experience working with distributed teams, fostering effective collaboration and communication.
- Prior experience in a startup or high-growth environment, demonstrating adaptability and agility.
- Background in operations, customer experience, or logistics is advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, CRM platforms (e.g., Salesforce.com), and other relevant systems.
- Experience in data management, including data analysis and reporting, is a plus.
Note: This job description outlines the primary responsibilities and qualifications for the role of a Marketing Assistant. However, duties and qualifications may evolve over time to meet the needs of the business.
Fortune 100 company whose mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. This is what unites their employees across teams and geographies as they all strive to delight their customers and make their lives easier, one innovative product, service, and idea.