$57.37 to $63.74
100% Remote. Candidates need to be located in LoneTree, CO or Westlake, TX. May need to go on-site for meetings.
*** Writing samples required, preferably procedures.
- Write and administer the Schwab Charitable procedural framework, including writing and procedures, knowledge articles, and job aids, designing and implementing a process for ongoing procedure administration and ongoing annual updates, designing and maintaining an easy-to-access procedure repository or knowledge base.
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations regarding Schwab Charitable’s business processes and procedures to conform with policy, rules, and regulations. Effectively document business and risk decisions, and coordinate governance and maintenance of key risk procedures. Recommend and ensure implementation of risk-based updates to procedures and administer ongoing procedure oversight. · Ensure the procedures are continually monitored and evaluated for consistency with policy, each other, and with current practice.
- Use independent judgment and decision-making skills and demonstrate a high degree of integrity in all interactions; exercise sound professional judgment. Understand how others define policy and procedure and turn the information into effective written guidance.
- Assist with the creation of stakeholder training and/or support as deemed necessary to drive awareness and understanding of organizational risk and compliance.
- Create status reports on objectives, projects, and initiatives and assist in creating high-quality presentations for delivery to internal executives.
- Develop strong, positive working relationships with Schwab Charitable colleagues and with other risk, compliance, and control functions and business units. Foster a learning environment where department and business partners are encouraged to improve efficiencies and controls.
- Model strong leadership skills, impeccable integrity, and focus on delivering outcome-oriented results
- Other projects as assigned by the Director – Knowledge Management & Training
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 6 years’ writing experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in technical writing and/or compliance management
- Demonstrated competence translating complex jargon and regulation into everyday prose supported by diagrams as needed
- Demonstrated competence crafting procedures as well as evaluating processes and creating written and visual documentation to describe them
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Sharepoint
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, understandable, attractive and easily readable procedures to ensure compliance with complex policy and regulatory frameworks. · Demonstrated ability to create clear, understandable, creative, and user-friendly diagrams and charts to ensure compliance with complex policy and regulatory frameworks. · Demonstrated ability to create communication plans and administer ongoing document organization.
- Previous experience financial services industry or with a donor-advised fund or foundation
- Technical or policy writing experience
- Complex project management experience
- Master’s degree or professional certification in related field
- Solid understanding of donor-advised fund, RIA, SEC, banking and broker/dealer regulatory environments and industries and ability to apply to Schwab Charitable’s unique situation
- Familiarity with BlueWorks a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work well across the Schwab organization, building strong relationships that support Schwab Charitable’s mission a plus Competencies:
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple projects effectively. Demonstrated strength in planning and execution of multiple projects
- Commitment to excellence, customer service, and teamwork · Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, including ability to communicate effectively with senior management and colleagues
- Critical thinker with ability to anticipate impact and react effectively to changes in regulatory and business climate. Strong ability to analyze, research, and resolve problems
- Ability and willingness to take on a role that includes but is not limited to:
o Learning operational roles and processes
o Understanding and applying complex regulations
o Drafting and reviewing procedures o Conducting procedural reviews
o Delivering conceptual presentations to senior executives · Ability to read and interpret regulations and make effective use of regulatory guidance from counsel.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $57.37 to $63.74 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands.
Our eligible talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.