$68 - $78/Hourly (W2)
Our Financial Service Client is in need of a UX Content Design Writer to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful technical text and documents that help users complete the task at hand. Set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. Manage user experience writing workflow, maintaining deadlines and ensuring timely deliverables to design team. Work independently with limited guidance and direction on moderately complex projects. Participate in the creation and evolution of user experience messaging strategy. Recommend messaging solutions that support the user experience and meet brand tone and voice guidelines.
• Drive a vision for instructional, educational and help based content across all products
• Write clear, concise user interface copy for products, including microcopy, instructional text and error messaging
• Develop a vision for messaging across a given product and ensure tactical execution to drive cohesive narratives across all digital touch points
• Utilize storytelling and narrative skills to improve user experience in alignment with the brand’s tone and voice
• Collaborate with designers, analysts, researchers and product managers to define and drive user-centered experiences
• Influence writing strategy and anticipates internal/external business challenges
• Originate new concepts, strategies or innovative approaches to user experience messaging that have significant impact
• Coordinate the writing processes to improve project efficiency
• Ensure all user interface language follows conventions for punctuation, capitalization and grammar
• Identify opportunities to define and establish conventions for digital messaging
• Create and apply user experience models, such as journey maps or personas
• Research and analyze moderately complex messaging problems, identify opportunities to solve problems utilizing text
• Remain knowledgeable and serve as advocate for content best practices within UX Design team
• Manage multiple projects under tight deadlines across a broad variety of product categories and audiences
• Proactively identify language concerns and successfully addresses those issues to ensure projects stay on track to meet project milestones, project time/scope/quality/funding expectations, and business objectives
• Assist teams through the Development Lifecycle for multiple projects within various phases; ensuring that the deliverables meet language expectations
• Identify opportunities to improve workflows and efficiency for developing language within products that meet business and member needs
• Work on multiple projects prioritizing them according to project needs, level of effort of tasks and project timelines
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• 5+ Years of working experience (outside the classroom) in technical writing, UX writing, fact-checking, copywriting or content/creative strategy
• Advanced cross-group collaboration and persuasion skills
• Advanced skill in project management to include establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; ensuring successful project implementation
• Ability to lead, guide and mentor others
• Ability to articulate design concepts to a broad audience, including non-designers
• Advanced communication skills both verbal and visual
• Advanced detail and organizational skills
• Ability to apply analytical, creative, visual, and critical thinking
• Advanced knowledge of effective writing and editing
• Experience of user centered design processes and best practices
• Working knowledge of web, mobile and application design
• Working knowledge of best practices for web and mobile-based content, tools, and forms
• Desired – Master’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Desired – Knowledge of financial services industry and products
• Desired – Human Factors Institute Certified Analyst
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $68 – $78/Hourly (W2). Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands.
Our eligible talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.