$69/hr - $79/hr
This is an on-site role in Burlingame, CA.
Pay Range: $69/hr – $79/hr
The main function of a Prototyper is to research, design, and create prototypes in required area including augmented and virtual reality. A typical prototyper is responsible for building and enhancing prototyping platforms in partnership with other prototypers and technical teams.
The Prototyper’s Job Responsibilities:
- The role requires a high level of technical proficiency and ability to communicate and build strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Must quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve technical issues related to prototypes and the technical infrastructure they require
- Provide onsite and remote support to create demo experiences given to a wide audience, including executive leadership
- Resolve technical issues and challenges quickly and effectively with minimal disruption
- Build and maintain solutions to scale prototyping efforts, including demos to showcase end-to-end experiences via prototypes and/or production-ready builds
- Lead resolution requiring multi-functional support, working closely with other support leads, operational and engineering staff, and other domain specialists to resolve issues
- Provide feedback, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing for technology products and services
- Manage own time to fulfill tasks efficiently, in the correct priority, and to the required level of quality, within the context of the objectives
- Ability to capture and funnel feedback from demos back to the respective product and design teams.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to build and enhance prototyping platforms
- Set up and maintain prototypes and present to various audiences
- Advocate for product design throughout Facebook
- Willing and able to travel at a moment’s notice.
- Comfortable navigating high stress situations.
- Able to react quickly to changes in scope.
- Comfortable with terminal, scripts, and adb commands.
- Able to effectively troubleshoot technical issues in real time.
The Prototyper’s Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills and analytical troubleshooting abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clear and concise information in technical and non-technical terms based on the audience
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to manage expectations in a deadline-driven environment while balancing strategic projects with day-to-day accountabilities
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent client-facing skills and strong capacity to communicate and build trusted relationships
- Tenacious with good follow up and attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment and keep superior informed on all issues
- Experience with real-time 3D development
- Programming experience in one or more languages (C#, C/C++, Python, Java)
- Experience with AR/VR and game development
- Ability to visualize in 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design.
- Proven problem solving experience and experience overcoming challenges
The Prototyper’s Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $69/hr – $79/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include: https://aquent.com/talent/talent-benefits
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands. Our talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets.
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
• Be part of their mission of community building
• Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
• Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
• Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/talent/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.