Our large, Fortune 50 client is seeking a Senior User Researcher to join their team in Seattle. In this Consultant role, you will plan, execute, analyze and summarize research studies in their new lab. You will will augment the current research team in other locations, helping to conduct more studies from the long backlog.
You must bring senior-level experience (5+ years) because we need you to be experienced with user research best practices for collecting analyzing, and reporting on study data, and capable of working independently as other researchers are not co-located to help with in-person studies. With your help: our client will be able to deliver more research and increase their impact, enabling the company to inform more product and design decisions with customer input and feedback.
In the role of User Researcher, you will have the opportunity to lead research projects alongside expert designers, PMs, and engineers. As a key member in the organization, you will help team members determine what user information is needed to answer critical questions and design studies to get results that will inform product direction and decisions. As a member of this dynamic team, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to influence the direction of upcoming products that will delight millions of customers around the world every single day!
What You WIll Do:
- Develop and conduct in-person and remote user studies on a variety of products and features
- Extract insights about usability, overall user experience, and user sentiment from qualitative and quantitative data, and objectively presenting the findings to engineering, design, PM, product marketing, and executives
- Work closely with stakeholder teams on exploratory research and design
- Evolve research planning, processes and tools as needed to promote efficiency as the team scales
What You Will Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in human-centered research for software and/or hardware products
- Conducting human-centered research
- Designing and executing research (in-house and remote) that collects and analyzes objective and subjective measures
- Extracting and formulating insights from user data to inform product strategy and direction
- Identifying, promoting, and sharing methods, best practices and techniques with the broader organization
- Preferred: prior research experience in virtual assistants, speech recognition, natural language understanding, voice input, AI, or ML.
- Preferred: 2+ years of experience using any data analysis and visualization software, and/or programming languages for data analysis (e.g. Matlab, JMP, SPSS, Python, R, Tableau, etc.)
- Confidence and ability to collaborate effectively with designers, engineers, and PMs to identify research questions that can yield actionable insights for the team
- Proficient in data management, analysis, and visualization, with an ability to prioritize and communicate multi-dimensional information to stakeholders, including designers, engineers, product managers, and executives
- Ability to examine results from one or more studies to develop deeper insights, plan additional research to uncover new findings, and contribute at a strategic level (across multiple features and/or products)
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Organized, highly attentive to detail, and manages time well
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Preferred: experience using spreadsheet and presentation software (e.g. Numbers, Excel, Keynote, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
• BSc/MSc/Ph.D. in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field, or equivalent experience (Ph.D. preferred)
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $90 to $100. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands.
Our eligible talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.