$45.76 to $50.84 DOE
Our major Tech client is seeking a Usability Specialist to uncovering user needs, delivering insights, conducting usability tests, and driving excellent user research. They are looking for a Usability Specialist to be a part of the design team building simple and efficient user experiences for their devices. A passion to advocate on the user’s behalf is an absolute must. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for designing research plans, executing research in homes and in labs, working with vendors, and communicating the findings with the other team members to meet product development needs.
* Document best practices for conducting user research and help create research documentation.
* Promote design and usability best practices within the devices organization, not just the design team.
* Conduct variety of user experience studies appropriate to the business objective, e.g., competitive reviews, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, surveys, cognitive walkthroughs, paired comparisons, structured interviews, contextual inquiry, task analysis, field studies, heuristic review, remote testing, and card sorting.
* Create tasks and materials needed for testing and define success criteria for each study.
* Presents research study results and make actionable recommendations to product team members.
* Observe user session, making notes for analysis and communicating the findings with the design team to ensure that usability findings are implemented correctly.
* Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to analyze and refine concepts and prototypes prior to development to promote greater ease of use and positive consumer experience.
* Advanced degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Technical Communication, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience.
* 3-5+ years’ experience doing user research and conducting formal usability studies.
* Demonstrated history of conducting user research, including contextual inquiry, screening questions, plans, and reports.
* Skill and desire to promote user centered design to technical teams.
* Strong interest in user’s everyday needs and workflow
* Teamwork and collaboration-oriented in a very dynamic group.
* Detail oriented and able to take on self-directed projects
* Communicate complex subject matter verbally and in written form.