Up to 37.00/hr MAX
Our Automotive Industry client is seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer for an assignment through Dec 2024. This role will be 40 hours per week, *Hybrid* in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
You will be supporting the Brand and Performance Institute Development Team to develop graphic designs for training and communication materials including, but not limited to web-based courseware, printable materials, websites, displays, and other media.
Day to day:
- Work with the Brand and Performance Institute Development Team to ensure communications have a consistent look and feel with overall brand creative and customer touchpoints.
- Receive briefs and specifications from Performance Institute team leads and agree on achievable deadlines.
- Manage workload and prioritize projects in line with the agreed critical path, communicating any potential slippage.
- Ensure designs meet objectives before handover for sign-off.
- Progress to final design following amends and handover in an agreed format or implement online where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with new technology, software, and systems.
- Assist with retouching tasks, including cropping, resizing, color manipulation, and removing artifacts to be compatible with project and legal requirements.
- Develop specifications, coordinate, schedules, and facilitate printing and production services.
- Researches, evaluates, and forecasts trends in commercial printing technology and processes; provides direction and support during schedule interruptions to accommodate urgent requests.
- Provides consultation and assistance to internal stakeholders during project development regarding the printing production process including how to coordinate and facilitate the project’s requirements promptly, formulating and preparing print requests, choosing appropriate paper and ink/color combinations, and the impact of choosing the appropriate paper quality for the finished print job; recommends various printing techniques; recommends cost reducing methods as well as cost analysis and timeline impacts for specified projects; acts as a resource to advise appropriate printing and production methods to meet print needs within budgeted goals; coordinates and manages printing and production requirements with outside vendors as necessary.
- 5-10 years of combined education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described, including experience working as a lead in business printing and production needs; extensive customer service experience; experience in print and production cost analysis; maintain a positive relationship with the internal printing and purchasing departments.
- A degree in graphic design or a related field is a plus.
- Have a strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Understand the importance of branding and visual communications.
- Have strong proofreading skills and an eye for design and layout.
- Be energetic, creative, proactive, goal-oriented, and passionate about your job responsibilities/position.
- Knowledge of Print shop operations including the relationship between graphic artwork, offset and digital printing, and printing products; procedures for estimating job costs, supplies, and related materials and resources; maintaining print schedule formats to project needs; standard software applications and desktop publishing programs including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and other related programs.
- Experience in Web design and development.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collectively in a team environment.
- A candidate with automotive experience would be ideal
***Please note – A Background Check and Drug Screen is a required part of onboarding for this client***
**The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $32.00 to $37.00 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match**
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands.
Our talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/talent/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets. This includes:
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives.