$33-34/hr + benefits
This is a full-time, remote (with occasional on-site meetings), contract position.
The Instructional Designer/Writer designs, writes and guides the creative development of learning and performance support materials for an audience of dealership personnel.
This role collaborates with subject matter experts and program managers and works with the team to develop effective and engaging web-based and live learning experiences and assessments for dealership personnel. In addition, this role creates articles, audio and video scripts, and other support materials for the target audience. Training objectives focus on automotive brand/product knowledge, as well as methodologies and tools for sales and after sales personnel.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes (in order of preference):
- Proven technical and creative/marketing writing skills, including:
- Basic writing acumen (punctuation, grammar, word usage, sentence/paragraph/document structure)
- Content organization using appropriate type of organization for the need (logical step-by-step, journalistic, creative/marketing)
- Highly functional in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experienced in automotive writing
- Process driven with ability to see a project through from start to finish, meeting timelines and creating deliverables that meet expectations
- Knowledgeable in adult learning and instructional design strategies
- Experienced working across multiple instructional delivery modalities
Additional Tasks Performed:
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions, per departmental standards
- Use templates for creating deliverables
- Expert skill in using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (or Google equivalents)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel (or Google equivalent)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and OneDrive (Sharepoint)
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by others
- Identify photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
- Interview Subject Matter Experts and read journals and other material to become familiar with products, programs and software applications
- Design and develop learning solutions, under tight timelines and with minimal supervision, that meet or exceed Performance Institute expectations for improving dealership performance
- Perform research and review source materials to identify messages that support brand direction
- Collaborate with project managers, asset managers and other corporate personnel to leverage available assets and programs as needed to support retail performance improvement and knowledge transfer
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create learning modules
- Develop written materials for a variety of media (web, print, live, and video)
- Materials to be developed include content outlines, interactive instructional design documents, production scripts, meeting leader guides (for live training) and testing/assessment scripts
- Write additional support materials, including print deliverables/job aids, word tracks, and interactive links to multimedia files
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in writing/instructional design
- Excellent and demonstrated writing skills, e.g., creative, journalistic, marketing/copy, technical
- Familiarity with the instructional design process
- Excellent and demonstrated analysis skills
- Experience collaborating with project team members and various internal departments/disciplines to produce learning
- Developed time management skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite
Candidates must provide samples of their work as well as completion of a writing assignment.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $33 to $34 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.