$40/hr - $46/hr
This is an on-site role in Seattle.
Pay Range: $40/hr – $46/hr
Our client is a leader in the gaming space and seeks an experienced and highly skilled Environment Artist with a keen eye for detail and a deep passion for creating breathtaking photorealistic environments. You will play a crucial role in supporting both our internal and external art teams. Your primary responsibility will be to contribute to the creation of large-scale terrain environments and game-ready assets that meet the highest visual standards set by the project.
The Environment Artist’s Responsibilities:
- Craft rich and highly detailed terrain, vegetation, track surface, materials to create high-quality track environments.
- Create, modify and review track assets during all stages of production to ensure their quality and adherence to project standards.
- Effectively communicate production challenges to Environment Leadership, seeking guidance and providing updates as appropriate.
- Generate asset specifications and documentation outlining best practices, lessons learned, and challenges encountered during the development process.
- Collaborate with internal and external artists to validate the delivery and seamless integration of art assets.
- Produce high-quality models, materials, and prototypes as required to support track/environment development.
- Utilize strong set dressing and storytelling skills to enhance the visual appeal and immersive experience of tracks and environments.
The Environment Artist’s Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with at least 1 shipped title on console or PC
- Strong visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling, texturing, and level creation
- Experience working with terrain/vegetation/material authoring software such as: Gaea, World Machine, ZBrush, Substance Designer, Speedtree
- Proficiency with 3DS Max and/or equivalent software
- Strong scene compositional skills to assist with environment set dressing and storytelling
- Proficiency with 3DSMax and/or equivalent software
- Eagerness to learn and teach new tools and processes
- Strong communication and time management skills
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional modeling, sculpting, material creation and scene composition.
- A passion for art, innovation and technology a plus
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $40/hr – $46/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include: https://aquent.com/talent/talent-benefits
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands. Our talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets.
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/talent/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.