$60-$70/hr + benefits
Our client is looking for a copywriter to join their Interactive Experiences team. The team oversees product events and experiences to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class event communications.
Under the guidance of Event, Project and Creative leads, you’ll write the words that help define the event attendee experience for websites, our native apps, emails, and emerging digital platforms. You’ll craft clear, concise way-finding copy to guide audiences through an event lifecycle from awareness to attendance and beyond. You’ll write headlines (lots of them) and body copy (long and short) for event announcement, event series and recurring programs, and app.
But there’s a lot more to being a writer than simply writing copy. On any given day, you’ll be in the trenches with Art Directors, UX Designers, Event Managers, Producers, Production and Operations Leads, Stakeholders and Cross-functional partners to deliver innovative and seamless event experiences. You’ll use the conceptual side of your brain to come up with ideas that solve business problems. And you’ll master the art of turning something extremely complex into something incredibly simple. This role is the chance for you to do the best work of your career – and help redefine how the world experiences events and products.
- 4+ years experience at an advertising agency, digital agency, or in-house creative group for a major or upcoming brand.
- A promising portfolio demonstrating strategic insight and writing talent through marketing campaigns and digital customer experiences.
- A love for writing: both copywriting and UX writing.
- Strategic and critical thinking.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for learning the mechanics of a system or the architecture of an experience.
- Willingness to take risks, fail, and learn from mistakes.
- Write clear, concise, conversational copy that guides (potential) attendees through an event awareness to attendance lifecycle and inspires them to participate in, attend, or tune in for in-person or online events and experiences.
- Represent the event invitee/attendee’s perspective and be considerate of how we talk to them.
- Able to absorb and digest a detailed business document and map it to the overall goal of a project.
- Partner with the world’s best Interactive & Event Managers, Producers, Creatives and UX Designers to create groundbreaking concepts, platforms, and event experiences.
- Confidently articulate ideas and present work to senior leadership and business partners.
- Collaborate with Event Leads, ACDs, Product Marketing, Product Managers, Engineers, and PR to refine (and refine and refine and refine) copy until it’s perfect.
- Meet deadlines and keep partners and leads in the loop.
- Keep up to date on the latest products, event trends, and digital technologies.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $63 to $70 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands.
Our eligible talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.