Join an awesome fast-growing global beauty brand inspired by Super Foods + Science. This brand is Pro-Grade Vegan skincare made from unconventional superfood ingredients backed by innovative science for powerful results. Founded in 2015, they set out to create a different type of skincare company. A company built with a conscious approach to every aspect and inspired by the people of today
The Senior Designer is responsible for developing creative work that has a meaningful and measurable impact, achieves our brand goals, and satisfies the market needs. They will support the Art Director in several ways – supporting creative ideation within the beauty category, with a focus on design, photography, video, digital and other media extensions across customer touch points from concept to execution. They’ll support the development and evolution of campaign copy in a They’ll be supported in these efforts by a counterpart in charge of copy within the category The position will report directly to the Art Director Director and will collaborate with marketing functions, peers, adjacent brand partners and creative team as well as collaboratively to cross-functional partners.
DESIGN DIRECTION & CONCEPTING
• Must be located in the Los Angeles and surrounding areas
• Develop creative concepts and content to support brand initiatives including New Product Launches, Seasonal Campaigns, Product Repromotes, Ongoing support of E-comm and In-store Globally
• Deep dive into marketing objectives, product insights and target audiences to translate product positioning, consumer trends, and offline/online consumer behavior into effective ideas and concepts.
• Show leadership in executing fresh, innovative concepts that enhance response strategies and achieve campaign/launch/brief objectives
• Stay on top of all trends and use performance driven data – for the industry, the audience and channel to optimize content to meet audiences exactly where they are
• Guide teams through creative concepting, execution and delivery in accordance with departmental processes
• Meet all timelines and ensure delivery of executions for stakeholder review. Manage expectations cross-functionally when timelines are not favorable to proper processes and executional standards
• Deep knowledge of all pertinent industry, channel, client, and product information, such as audience insights, product benefits, offers, KPIs, brand standards and production specifications
• Responsible for current knowledge and understanding of emerging trends and technologies and the ability to institute best practices for digital and traditional marketing products
• Lead, maintain and grow production capabilities within SDJ in-house studio, Rio Hub team and in instance where outside production is needed
• Onboard all team members into Shoot Standards, processes, and best practices for the department to execute more shoots without needing to be the shoot lead
• Work very closely with Senior art directors, photographers, and producers to approve details of shoots to ensure execution ladders up to concept, vision, and forward-thinking brand goals
CREATIVE TEAM LEADERSHIP DUTIES
• Collaborate with Marketing Leads and team members to identify questions and pertinent project information needed to execute assignments. Work with Creative Director and Project Managers to assign work. Assure that creative work meets brief objectives, follows strategies aligned with the brief
• Guide, lead, and mentor creative staff – clearly articulate feedback and provide thoughtful and actionable direction that elevates the work – providing context and insights that inform redirects.
• Mentor and inspire teams to perform at the top of their abilities and foster growth in the overall collective ability of the team to think differently and more broadly about their work
• Champion creative problem solving and develop a reputation for being a collaborative and solutions-oriented team
• BA/BS/BFA in relevant field
• 5+ Years experience working on integrated, cross-channel campaigns, with a compelling portfolio of distinctive work with emphasis on Brand Story-telling and Brand DNA. Solid understanding of the capabilities and limitations within all channels. Beauty Expertise Required.
• 5+ Years in High Visibility Leadership Role, Proven experience as having been an influential player within multidisciplinary team of strategists, copywriters, art directors, and designers
• Experienced and well-respected people manager of direct reports and cross-functional partners
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud tools with proven expertise in digital, traditional, and emerging delivery models
• Expertise in Art Direction – lifestyle + still life
• Expertise in branding, typography and graphic storytelling
• Come in ready to lead with integrity and develop a seasoned, passionate creative team
• Excellent public speaking, presentation, and listening skills, with and ability to own the room
• Candidate must combine a business savviness with Creative Authority and be able to speak intellectually about creative to partners from all backgrounds.
• Strong aesthetic background including awareness of beauty, fashion, lifestyle and market trends
• Ability to think quickly and react to changing needs while maintaining a positive attitude and troubleshooting according to various circumstances.
The target hiring compensation for this role is the equivalent of $35.45 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands. Our talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits! Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.