See Salary Ranges Below
This client requires a background screening that includes employment verification, education verification, a credit check, and criminal screening.
Our client is looking for a Technical Writer to produce and maintain high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our team. This role works closely with developers to create software documentation that reflects the software or system for the end-users. This includes both user-facing documentation, such as technical manuals and tutorials, and internal developer documentation including code diagrams and API references. This role will also conduct user testing to verify the suitability of the documentation for the end-user.
• Compile information requirements, objectives, functions and features
• Gather technical information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and manual organization
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and technical staff to obtain and in-depth understanding of products, workflows, processes, or other technical information to create the pertinent documentation source
• Produce high-quality documentation with astute technical accuracy
• Convert complex documentation to easy language for multiple audiences
• Create product manuals and tutorials to guide end-users use of applications
• Collaborate with internal team members (developers/programmers) to document code diagrams, API references, ETL processes, and any other technical processes as needed
• Communicate complex ideas in a concise manner
• Create and maintain the information architecture and resource library that supports all functions of WFI
• Disseminate technical information in easy-to-understand language for a non-technical audience
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
• Significant experience researching, compiling, and documenting data, business processes, and workflow
• Extensive experience with content management
• Significant experience in developing technical documentation
• Extensive experience managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Experience creating/editing presentations using software or other types of material/media
• Desired – Experience creating and maintaining SharePoint applications/pages
• Advanced skill communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Advanced skill identifying and analyzing technical requirements and recommending solutions
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Expert verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced skill working with all levels of management, supervisors, stakeholders and vendors
• Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
The target hiring compensation range for this role is;
- Vienna, VA – $38.50 – $45.45/Hourly (W2)
- Pensacola, FL – $34.50 – $39.37/Hourly (W2)
Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
About Aquent Talent:
Aquent Talent connects the best talent in marketing, creative, and design with the world’s biggest brands.
Our eligible talent get access to amazing benefits like subsidized health, vision, and dental plans, paid sick leave, and retirement plans with a match. We also offer free online training through Aquent Gymnasium. More information on our awesome benefits!
Aquent is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We’re about creating an inclusive environment—one where different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, and everyone can contribute, grow their careers, and thrive.