C$ 55 - C$ 61.38
Gameplay Animator 3 – Hybrid – Vancouver
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Gameplay Animator. In this position, you will be partnering with a talented team of animators to create high quality gameplay features. You will be reporting directly to the Gameplay Animation Leads to ensure that quality and execution of these features is consistent and aligned with the overall vision for the game.
– Collaborate with the Animation Director, Animation Leads and Designers to implement exciting new gameplay experiences.
– Partner with Animation Engineers and Technical Animators to help integrate necessary animation assets using UE5 and other proprietary tools, pipelines, and technical systems.
– Actively participate in review sessions and help the team raise the quality bar for the Animation at the studio.
– Attend and help define the requirements for internal/external motion capture shoots.
– Partner with Production to update/track necessary animation tasks through deliverables and scheduling tools.
– 1+ years of gameplay animation experience.
– Experienced in key frame and motion capture animation.
– A solid understanding of body mechanics, timing, spacing, weight, and appeal.
– Self-motivated, creative problem solver, team player.
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL SKILLS:
– Experience working in Unreal is a plus.
– Experience working in Maya and/or MotionBuilder is a plus.
– Experience in AAA game production is a plus.
– Experience with Jira/Shotgun/Shotgrid is a plus.
– Knowledge of franchise is not necessary but is a plus.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
Our client is a first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. Their objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of entertainment platforms and devices. Their team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across the industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible. As a studio, they lead from their values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting their team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
PAY: 55-61/hour (M-F, full-time hours)