The Executive Assistant | Operations Specialist role handles the management of all company day-to-day activities whilst creating new and improved strategies that increases efficiency and effectiveness in procedures and throughout all projects. He/she has a hands-on hold of all deals, business transactions and the operational strategic plan of the company. With a mission to create relevant and engaging content that authentically reflects the lives of Caribbean- Americans today through film and television, this role is the organizational spine keeping our mission resilient and moving the culture forward.
The position is required to work ONSITE in Century City (4x week). Fridays work from home. Working hours are 7am-4pm PT.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Copyright all IPs with the Library of Congress: scripts, distribution deals, etc.
• Strategize and brainstorm new ideas and events to market the brand with the team
• Coordinate smooth logistics for event, shows and travel and insure all traveling, accommodation arrangements meet company standards
• Assist with hotel logistics planning and other participant correspondence for all events, shows and traveling
• Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and investments, while implementing and maintaining human resources best practices
• Effectively and efficiently, maintain, manage and reconcile accounts, payable expenses on time, including Fedex, Verizon, Office, American Airlines, JP Morgan Chase, American Express, etc.
• Negotiate optimized vendor contracts to minimize costs
• Facilitate communication between founder, company, and accounting firm
• Liaison between casting directors and production company to organize castings for various projects, (including commercials – outsourced from Shadow Magic Productions) when applicable
• Work closely with PR teams to enhance brand awareness and recognition
• Provide strategic support to the CEO and head of development for company growth while implementing initiatives that align with the companies vision
• Stay abreast of emerging social media, technologies, and tools within Instagram and Facebook, always keeping the Caribbean and the Caribbean diaspora in mind
• Oversee and manage summer interns and their 3-month project, annually
• Manager to Caribbean food truck workers (two) – responsible for reviewing timesheets, creating truck list of daily operations and ordering product from Carib distributor (Miami)
• Diploma from a four-year accredited college
• Expertise in multiple social media platforms
• Excellent writing, editing, grammar and communication skills
• Strong work ethic with a positive attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with the Caribbean culture and diaspora
• Understanding and familiarity of the immigration system and its emotional, familial and social effects in the Americas as it pertains to the Caribbean, Europe and Africa.
• Competitive Salary
• 401K with company contributions
• Health and dental insurance