$61.06 to $67.84 Hourly
This project focuses on developing and applying state-of-the-art ML-accelerated and generative models to solving important problems that can accelerate decarbonization, including in carbon removal, energy storage and energy efficiency.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced research software development engineer with expertise in scientific computing and distributed systems. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of machine learning and be proficient in the design, planning, and implementation of tools and technology to support AI-driven scientific research.
- Shaping the design and development of scientific computing platforms.
- Leverage your deep technical expertise to understand requirements of the project, provide robust, scalable solutions, and drive consensus among members of a global team to deliver software effectively and on-time.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-disciplinary teams across machine learning, computational materials and chemical sciences, and software engineering.
- Design and implement efficient large-scale distributed computational modeling methods for scientific applications.
- Develop and maintain robust solutions for machine learning and scientific research involving large volumes of heterogenous data.
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g., distributed clusters, multicore SMP, CPU, and GPU)
- Maintain the highest standards in code quality and documentation.
- PH.D required , software engineer
- 2+ years of experience building and optimizing distributed systems and large-data applications.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CosmoDB)
- Experience developing high performance scientific workflows or software
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics or related field.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $61.06 to $67.84 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.