We are seeking an English language speechwriter to join our client’s Executive Writers Group (EWG) in our Executive Communications Division (ECD). ECD is part of the Media & Executive Communications Department (MECD), which in turn is part of Public Affairs (PA)
Your primary role will be working with a team writing speeches, talking points, and video scripts for Corporate and Executive Management, as well as correspondence and other written deliverables, covering a wide variety of subjects. Once established, you would be expected to support C-Suite Officials as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, craft, and edit high quality/high impact, personalized English language speeches, talking points, and video scripts for executives to deliver at a variety of domestic, regional, and international events, that position these senior executives as business and/or industry thought leaders and advance the Company’s strategic vision.
- On occasion, turn a translation of a speech in Arabic into an English speech.
- Draft speech-related op-eds, mass employee emails, executive correspondence, internal memos, year-end messages, and forewords to significant external publications for executives as required.
- Align each product with corporate messaging, press releases, videos, social media, website, etc., yet do so in the voice of each customer.
- Help identify strategic speaking opportunities for senior executives to reach key audiences and expand our share of voice.
- Build trusted relationships with senior executives, their offices, proponents, and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Immerse yourself in the company’s rich heritage and ambitious future strategy, while adapting your skills to the unique company environment.
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a Bachelor’s degree from a world-class academic institution, although an advanced degree is preferred.
- You will currently be writing speeches at the highest levels – preferably in the energy industry – including at least three years of speechwriting experience and at least five years in communication roles.
- Ideally, you will also have speechwriting/comms experience in government or NGOs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy industry is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of international relations; business; academia; technology; and experience with different cultures is preferred.
- You will be able to diplomatically engage, counsel, and influence senior executives.
- Being a native English speaker is essential.
Our client occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance the company’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.