$36.12 to $40.13 Hourly
As an Industrial Design Contractor for the largest on-line retailer, your work focuses on the development of industrial design and CMF for devices and accessories. You will deliver design solutions that reflect an understanding of the customer’s needs while balancing the underlying complexity or technical constraints. You must be proficient in a broad range of industrial design approaches such as 2D sketches, quick prototypes, advanced 3D models with class-A
surfacing, and photo-realistic renderings. You will help solve hardware-related design & engineering problems, applying appropriate materials, technologies, and best practices. You will effectively partner with peers, suppliers, and manufacturers to build and validate your designs. You must understand the product development process and know how to design for manufacturability. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, adaptable, flexible, and able to manage multiple projects independently.
- Develop technically viable and compelling design solutions through 2D sketches, 3D CAD models, and quick handmade/3D printed prototypes, and deliver photo-realistic renderings for presentations.
- Collaborate with engineers on front-end designs and DFM/DFA reviews, and achieve best production quality in terms of craftsmanship, cost, and engineering.
- Work with CMF design team on CMF documentation & technical graphics, and deliver a unified vision for the color, materials, and finish design.
- Sync up with other designers, engineers, and program managers across different time zones with an expected early morning and/or evening time online meetings weekly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Design.
- Excellent 2D and 3D visualization skills with attention to details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface with internal design, cross-functional product development teams and suppliers.
- An exceptional design portfolio with successful products in the market.
- Proven ability to create and maintain cross-functional working relationships, communicate design concepts, and to deliver successful designs under tight deadlines.
- A comprehensive set of prototyping skills from quick foam models to fabricating more complex functional learning prototypes.
- A proven track record of collaborating successfully with engineering and product marketing teams to develop designs and bring successful products to market.
- Experience with consumer electronics design and/or camera device design is a plus.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $36.12 to $40.13 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.