$75.64 - $84.05
This is a role for a designer, communicator and problem solver who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well with others. Our ideal candidate is passionate and driven, with an eye for detail and a blend of creative and technical production skills. This position will work closely with the Creative Director, Art Directors and cross-functional teams to design, create and maintain the visual experience for curated digital books content.
The Visual Designer is responsible for executing production artwork based upon design system templates and iterating on conceptual design directions from the Art Directors. You will be expected to create first class visual solutions while efficiently managing your own time and workload.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has extensive, relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery.
- Is a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively.
- Has experience in developing and executing editorial design and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication, and organization skills.
- Has a deep interest in Books and Audiobooks. Key Qualifications
- Experience creating and leading the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.).
- Passion for a wide variety of editorial, digital and magazine design.
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration.
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered.
- Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner.
- Delivers highly-resolved works at the intersection of culture and design.
- Clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones.
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suites.
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation.
- Strong sensibility for photography and illustration; sourcing, art-buying, editing, retouching.
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Information, Communication, Web design or equivalent experience.
- Your portfolio demonstrates:
- A comprehensive command of visual and communication design principles.
- Strength in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions.
- Creative innovation while remaining strategically grounded.
- Stylistic breadth and meticulous attention to detail.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $75.64 – $84.05 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.