$75 to $84 an hour
Priority Must Have’s – ability to juggle a lot of competing projects and priorities – UX writing – MUST be around Cupertino CA
For this assignment with Aquent client, we are seeking a UX Writer to support their cloud services. This role is part of the Human Interface Design team for Services, which includes media products, creator tools, cloud and commerce services, and productivity apps. Our client is searching for a UX Writer to design new and better experiences across our services through the lens of language. Specifically, you’ll contribute to the development and delivery of their cloud services and product offerings,
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
• Have an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
• Believe in advancing the state privacy-focused software and hardware.
• Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
• Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
• Know how to work with wireframes and functional specs.
• Are interested in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
• Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others.
• Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
• Think long-term, but act quickly.
• Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
• Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
• Collaborate and build relationships across product functions, demonstrating an ability to circulate and advocate for precisely the right language.
• Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
• Have an inexhaustible attention to detail.
• Enjoy contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across services.
• Know and are excited about evolving the ecosystem of hardware, software, and services.
The Writing arm of our Human Interface Design team works across services and products, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. As a UX Writer embedded within the team, you’ll be responsible for many things, including:
• Articulating the value and implications of features for users, including aspects of storage, backups, security, and family.
• Making signing in easier and more secure for adults and children
• Understand and express in clear language the benefits and considerations of encryption, passkeys, and other security features.
• Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education
• Contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across services
• Converging customer goals, business requirements, and brand values
• Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy
• Collaborating with designers to uncover and solve UI challenges
• Addressing feedback and improving performance of our content
• Spending time with QA, Legal, Privacy, and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly and accurately for every audience
• Working with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what’s possible, and pushing from there
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $75 to $84 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.