up to C$60.88/hour
In this role, you will leverage your evaluative research skills to support Design and Product Management teams to enhance the product experience. You will work closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, other User Researchers, data science, and engineering teams to ensure that we are addressing the most critical user needs and opportunities. We are especially enthusiastic about candidates who want to learn, grow, and embody new ways of working. If you embrace growth mindset, have a record of accomplishment of delivering results, and you light up collaborating with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers this is an awesome team to join.
- Conduct B2B UX research on one or all of the following types of audiences – individual employees, People leaders (execs, senior leaders, managers), IT Admins/Analysts/Managers.
- Drive research and UX practices that ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in our product making decisions.
- Design, execute, and analyze research to deliver insightful and actionable results.
- Perform ongoing UX Health studies to evaluate if design-built experiences are at the appropriate level for release to engineering.
- Continuously inform an engineering roadmap using customer data (qualitative and quantitative). Key to this accountability will be identifying gaps and customer pain points, as well as potential customer delighters.
- Communicate research findings in clear and compelling ways to all levels of the product team, with the ability to explain methodology, insights, and design recommendations.
- Land impact broadly from your customer-focused knowledge by working across engineering, design and marketing disciplines.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of hands-on research and/or product planning experience, with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing human behavioral data to improve plans and UX in a technology industry setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI (human-computer interaction), market research, human factors, psychology, user experience design, behavioral science, or a related field with a strong emphasis on research techniques and understanding humans / designing technology to meet their needs, AND 3+ years User Experience Research experience | OR equivalent experience.
- Qualitative research experience to understand and build out user needs, jobs to be done, and challenges.
- Qualitative evaluative research experience and UX Health research (e.g. Heuristic Reviews, Experience Reviews, iterative Usability testing).
- You are eager to learn and understand about user audiences, their behaviors, context(s) and motivations – across all phases of the customer lifecycle and user journey.
- Can demonstrate strong empathy for these users while balancing the vision and constraints of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and flexibility.
- Track record of operating independently, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Experience building strong collaborative relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate with, and persuade, varied audiences and argue for results (both orally and in writing) is a plus.
- Experience in digital platforms that support internal communications, collaboration, and employee engagement
- Experience at large enterprise companies is a plus.