$58 to $60 an hour
For this assignment with Aquent client, we are seeking an experienced technical editor to shape and refine self-paced coursework on hardware and software, safety and regulatory training, and more. Partnering with instructional designers, the editor will deliver exceptional messaging that makes it easy for technicians to succeed in their roles and achieve business objectives.
- Achieve the publication’s desired content and image by editing art and copy with 100% accuracy and consistency using nomenclature, proper grammar, usage, punctuation, type specs, typography, grids, folios and pagination.
- Ensure all copy adheres to appropriate style guides.
- Ensure content conforms to client brand identity by using appropriate voice, tonality and message to support that brand.
- Review each stage to ensure that all marked internal changes and client changes are done accurately and with no newly introduced errors.
- Mastery of American English and outstanding attention to detail
- Expertise in copyediting, proofreading, and standard editorial workflows
- Experience with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Ability to simplify complex material into engaging copy that maintains the writer’s intention
- A passion for creating a phenomenal user experience
- Fluency with technology
- Experience building excellent, effective working relationships
- Ability to provide tactful, positive feedback that improves the message
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Experience editing for translation a plus
- Familiarity with learning management systems or content management systems a plus
- Proficiency with basic HTML a plus
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $58 to $60 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.