Temp to Perm
Must be onsite in Houston a minimum of 2 days per week
ABOUT THIS ROLE
If you are looking to use your powers of design for a good cause, look no further! Our Energy client is embarking on a mission to help their clients achieve net zero emissions by 2050, and they have recently launched a New Energy & Sustainability Team. You can be in on the early stages of this team as they look to build a Sustainability Platform comprised of digital products that address the 3 Steps in the decarbonization journey – Measure, Plan, and Act. Data vizualization will be key in building these products as they look to give the end user a frictionless user experience, and build a digital platform that allows the enterprise to visually map their progress in their decarbonization journey. The ideal candidate has a passion for sustainability, an impeccable eye for user-centered design, and a relentless focus on data visualization.
As a Sr UX Product Designer, you will be working in a team of professionals with a passion for elegant, forward-thinking, modern user experiences. Our client takes design seriously and believes that designers have a significant voice at the table in defining any successful digital initiative. As a team member, you will be collaborating with domain subject matter experts, project management, strategy and engineering to develop original UX concepts, and guide projects from concept to launch.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets
- Produce detailed user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and user interface specification
- Lead user experience research and testing processes
- Perform metrics analysis to inform design/UX optimization efforts; apply a data driven approach to all design activities
- Drive the development and communication of design and experience guidelines
- Work directly with product owners and other stakeholders to develop a shared vision of the end product
- Work directly with the engineering team to align with platform best practices and implementation details
- Work in a rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount
Qualifications, Experience, Competencies and Behavior:
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Visual Design or similar experience
- 8-10 years of post-graduate experience in User Experience or Product Design
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders, domain experts, users, and developers
- Experience in creating of complex enterprise systems across multiple platforms (e.g. Web/Mobile/Desktop Application)
- Mastery of wire-framing and prototyping software
- Understanding user centered design theory and best practices
- Experience working in Agile delivery environment
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery a plus
- Self-driven, detail-oriented designer
- Eye for clean design with the ability to translate ideas and requirements into detailed interaction flows and prototypes
- Ability to prioritize and use time efficiently
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Exceptional creativity, enthusiasm, team spirit, commitment, and professionalism
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of clients and employees
- Willingness to learn new technologies and design techniques
- Candidates must demonstrate proficiency with any of the leading design and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, Axure, Figma, or XD’
- Must be proficient and comfortable planning and facilitating design-thinking workshops with team members, users, and stakeholders alike.
- Must have some proficiency in remote collaboration tools such as Mural and Muri.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Our client is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Our client is a technology company that provides digital solutions and distributes ground-breaking technologies to enable performance (and sustainability) that are crucial for the global energy industry. With expertise in more than 120 countries, the company collaborates with suppliers, contractors, and business partners in surrounding communities to create life-changing technologies that unlock cleaner and safer access to energy for every community. Psst, this also includes the communities you and I work in! How cool!
Our client knows that their employees are the biggest asset of the entire company and believes that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their highest potential. They are ever-evolving and constantly innovating to provide every. single. person. the tools to achieve higher goals! The vast diversity (representing more than 160 nationalities) is what makes the company stronger, collaboration is what helps the company achieve more..together. They will continue to give talented people the platform to perform at their very best and offer career developmental skills to help do so.
With your creative ideas, design expertise, and attention to detail–you will help create the ultimate digital experience! The experience you will gain, skills you will sharpen, and people you will meet will transfer onto your resume setting you apart from the rest. If you haven’t had experience in the energy industry yet, this is your chance to transition into a massive industry with incredible growth! Discover the impact you can make and apply today to see the many opportunities we have for you!
Working with AQUENT provides you access to some pretty awesome perks:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits, and Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
- FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You’ll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/ Compare our benefits to other agencies, here: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
- Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM