DOE | Outstanding Pay & Benefits
Theater Technical Director
*This is an expat role and requires relocation to Saudi Arabia.*
*Must be a current holder of a North, South, or Central American passport*
*Incredible benefits and relocation package*
The Technical Director oversees, supervises and coordinates all aspects of backstage operations and technical Theatre activities with special attention to a quality presentation and SAFETY assurance of all staff and operations on stage and surrounding technical areas. Monitoring safety should be a top priority. This will include all events produced, presented or sanctioned on a show by show basis.
The Technical Director is a salaried fulltime, supervisory management position that will require varied hours in an environment subject to change and constant interruptions. This position supervises the Master Carpenter, Master Electrician and Master Audio positions also including Riggers, Painters, Props, Wardrobe, Electricians, Audio personnel, Carpenters, local stagehands, casual labor and works closely with the Front of House Manager, Event management Services, Program Developer, Event Coordinators, Food & Beverage, Operations Director, (Visiting) Company Managers and Crew, etc.
This position reports directly to the Operations Director.
- Is responsible for managing staffing needs of the technical areas including supervision, scheduling and coordination of the house crew and stagehands.
- Maintains a safe and efficient work place for all personnel. Reports any safety hazards or deficiencies to the Operations Director.
- Oversight and technical supervision for all shows and production elements.
- Oversees and maintains quality control of shows being presented.
- Advances and reviews show event information regarding technical rider requirements three to four weeks out, adds any additional information to show worksheets and informs crew and department heads of any necessary changes.
- Negotiates artist contract rider requirements.
- Will develop, generate, implement and monitor production budgets.
- Will develop accurate labor costs projections.
- Reviews daily and weekly hours of house crew and local crew.
- Files reports (including payroll) to management regarding stage personal and budget.
- Administers labor contracts as to daily usage and long term effect.
- Advises on technical aspects, electrics, audio, fly, crewing, maintenance for stage systems.
- Consults and recommends technical upgrades for the Theatre.
- Creates and administers operational, technical and capital improvement budgets for the theatre.
- Responsible for seasonal supply, maintenance and repair technical budget.
- Coordinates the budgeting, purchasing, and scheduling of repair and maintenance of all stage equipments.
- Applicant must have 10 years prior experience in a performing arts theatre or professional entertainment venue in a technical management position.
- Professional technical experience in a multi-use facility with significant experience working with professional touring events/shows.
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge and experience with lighting, sound and stage technology.
- The applicant shall demonstrate knowledge of and experience in all aspects of modern stage production, including; orchestral, dance, theatre, meeting and lecture, and popular music.
- Extensive knowledge of stagehand contracts, wage scale, practices and techniques.
- International touring experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the occupation hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Working knowledge of standard tools and equipment trade.
- Must be self motivated, creative and independent.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate supervisory skills and manage stagehands
- Must be able to communicate with a diverse variety of employees and vendors at all levels of management.