$42/hr - $52/hr
This is a hybrid role in Vancouver.
Pay Range: $42/hr – $52/hr
Our client (a leader in the gaming industry) is looking for a full-time Layout Artist.
- Work with Cinematics Director and various departments of the Game Team.
- Pre-visualize Scenes using concepts/script/storyboards.
- Motion Capture Session preparation and support.
- Technical Layout of real time scenes.
- Editing with audio.
- Final Camera polish
- Create and support seamless transitions between gameplay and cinematics.
- Tell stories and convey emotions through cinematic cameras, bring creative solutions to strengthen the scenes.
- To adopt a deep understanding of the proprietary tools and process used on the layout team and build upon that foundation.
- To foresee layout production needs and communicate tool requests effectively.
- To work with production on dependencies, estimates and scheduling.
- Effectively train and mentor new layout artists as needed.
- Must have 3-5+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- In-depth understanding of cinematic language, including strong emotional storytelling through staging, composition and editing.
- Solid knowledge of camera lenses and traditional principles of cinematography
- Experience working with Motion Capture.
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles of animation.
- Ability to offer creative problem-solving ideas to cinematics related content.
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines..
- Scripting skills along with a passion for creating tools to assist workflow a plus.
- Unreal Engine or other game engine experience a plus.
- Animation, Rigging, and Video Editing experience a plus.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $42/hr – $52/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets. This includes:
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives.
We have a simple philosophy at Aquent: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Aquent, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards!
LEARN MORE HERE: http://aquent.com/rewards/