Temp to Perm
Our major energy client in Houston is looking for an experienced Digital Product / Service Designer to join our UX Strategy Team. This is a key role within their Digital & Integration commercial software organization, working alongside domain leaders, product managers, subject matter experts, designers, software architects and developers helping to define, design and develop experiences that meet real human needs.
This role will be focused on designing end-to-end experiences that potentially span multiple touchpoints and channels, with the goal of creating a seamless and cohesive experience for users. They will take a holistic approach to designing services, considering every aspect of the user journey and working at a strategic level to align business goals with user needs. Digital Product / Service Designers work closely with stakeholders from various departments to identify pain points and opportunities for improvement, and they use a variety of tools and techniques to map out user journeys and design engaging experiences.
However, as an Digital Product / Service Designer your main focus will be to work at a strategic level to understand our user’s needs and develop & communicate initiatives that help influence the overall business strategy. Helping to translate these strategies into UX Outcomes, and iterate on how best to achieve these outcomes through solution concepts and workflows, then work with the UX Studio Leads and product teams to bring them to life.
This could be the job for you if:
- You are a seasoned Digital Product or Service Designer (minimum of 5 years) – this role isn’t a good fit for someone just out of school or in the process of transitioning into design
- You have a passion for designing well-crafted user experiences and delivering value
- You enjoy solving problems and taking on new challenges, using a mix of creative and analytical methods
- You are a strong collaborator with a sense of responsibility for the team’s collective success
- You think on your feet, like to learn, and can learn quickly
You’re good at:
- Effectively communicating & collaborating with Senior Leadership in an enterprise organization.
- Leading and contributing to the design of complex projects through from Discovery to Delivery, including everything in between & beyond (Evolution)
- Leading & participating in research to help generate understanding and empathy for your users and their needs
- Gathering and reviewing requirements from client stakeholders and subject matter experts, and exploring how these can be translated into compelling experience concepts
- Planning and facilitating workshops to help you, your team, and customers discover needs, set project direction, and ideate solutions
- Crafting experiences that go beyond good design into delighting users
- Communicating your designs to team members and stakeholders, not only through sketches, wireframes and mockups, but also verbally and in workshops
- Testing designs with users
- Helping non-UX professionals to understand the value of UX and adopt UX practices – we believe the experience is a shared responsibility and want to take the whole team on the journey
- Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary
- Thinking about human-centered content and it’s structure, and how best to expose only what is necessary to the end user through simple UI and Interaction
In addition to the above, these skills could set you apart from the pack!
- Hands-on experience working in an Enterprise environment – in particular more complex fields such as healthcare, finance, or energy
- Data visualization
- Setting UX Metrics in beta product environments (i.e. where there is minimal data)
To enable us to consider you for this role you must be able to send us a portfolio or narrated selection of work examples. We very much want to be able to see how you consider, approach and resolve real-world UX challenges. Things we would like to see include examples of wireframes, prototypes, user journeys/experience maps, personas, usability test plans and reports, end product designs etc.
Our client is a technology company that provides digital solutions and distributes ground-breaking technologies to enable performance (and sustainability) that are crucial for the global energy industry. With expertise in more than 120 countries, the company collaborates with suppliers, contractors, and business partners in surrounding communities to create life-changing technologies that unlock cleaner and safer access to energy for every community. Psst, this also includes the communities you and I work in! How cool!
Our client knows that their employees are the biggest asset of the entire company and believes that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their highest potential. They are ever-evolving and constantly innovating to provide every. single. person. the tools to achieve higher goals! The vast diversity (representing more than 160 nationalities) is what makes the company stronger, collaboration is what helps the company achieve more..together. They will continue to give talented people the platform to perform at their very best and offer career developmental skills to help do so.
With your creative ideas, design expertise, and attention to detail–you will help create the ultimate digital experience! The experience you will gain, skills you will sharpen, and people you will meet will transfer onto your resume setting you apart from the rest. If you haven’t had experience in the energy industry yet, this is your chance to transition into a massive industry with incredible growth! Discover the impact you can make and apply today to see the many opportunities we have for you!
Working with AQUENT provides you access to some pretty awesome perks:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits, and Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
- FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You’ll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/ Compare our benefits to other agencies, here: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
- Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM