Outstanding pay & benefits
Writer/Editor – Media Relations Content Unit
** This position is an EXPAT role and requires relocation to Saudi Arabia. Must be a current holder of a North, South, or Central American passport**
We are seeking a Writer/Editor to join the Media Relations Content Unit (MRCU) in the Media Relations Division of the Media & Executive Communications Department. The MRCU is responsible for driving positive coverage on Aramco’s activities through strong content development in the form of “earned” content; the coverage generated by media releases, media advisory, and statements; and the coverage arising from op-eds, articles, or by-lined features.
MRCU develops corporate announcements for news events, releases, and materials for placement such as thought leadership articles that highlight Company activities of note. The purpose of all materials is to communicate Aramco’s strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Draft and edit content planned for media use, including but not limited to press releases, third party press releases, proactive content, op-eds and feature stories.
- Manage the review and approval process of content with relevant stakeholders, with support from IMRU and RMRU when required.
- Coordinate with IMRU and RMRU on relevant projects that involve content development.
- Ensure content alignment with key messaging across various materials prepared for specific engagements, including messaging and facts / figures.
- Ensure proper document / version control.
- Ensure translation alignment across content.
- Coordinate with Relationship Management Group (RMG) for proper archiving of all content developed.
- A successful candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Mass Communications, Translation, English Literature, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- Candidate should have 5-10 years of experience in writing and content development
- Candidate must have excellent English/Arabic writing skills
Compelling remuneration package
Annual cash payment that more than covers airfare costs to your home country. Flexibility to use this payment in any way you choose.
Up to 38 calendar days of paid leave
9 -11 days of national public holidays each year
Severance award: In accordance with Saudi labor law, a severance award is payable by the company to employees who leave after two years or more of satisfactory service.
Education Assistance Plan: If you are hired on family status, you may be eligible to benefit from the company’s excellent education assistance plan for dependent children.
Quality housing in company communities or a rental assistance allowance
Free medical care
Free access to an extensive range of recreational facilities that include: private beaches, tennis courts, exercise gyms, swimming pools, golf courses, tennis and squash courts, and much more
Free scheduled transportation
Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance
Short-term Disability: 30 days at full pay and 60 days at three-quarters pay, in any one-year period
Career development: many opportunities to develop your career and expertise
Our client occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.