NEGOTIABLE AND DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE
** This position is an expat role and requires relocation to Saudi Arabia. The job is completely onsite in Saudi Arabia. You must be a current holder of a North, South, or Central American passport**
We are seeking a Content and Messaging Compliance Specialist to join the Communication Research & Strategy Division of the Communication Strategy Department within Public Affairs to help deliver impactful campaigns and drive business success. Working within the Communication Research & Strategy Division, you will play a critical role in supporting our marketing and communications initiatives by reviewing and analyzing the language used in corporate communications, brand messaging, and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal regulations and mitigate any potential reputational risks. The successful candidate will play a critical role in safeguarding our company’s reputation and ensuring that all communications align with established guidelines and best practices.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The candidate will be based at the headquarters in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia and will be required to:
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of written and verbal content used in corporate communications, marketingmaterials, advertisements, social media posts, press releases, website content, and other communication channels.
- Ensure that all messaging and content adhere to relevant legal regulations, industry standards, and guidelines,such as data protection laws, advertising standards, copyright, trademark, and intellectual property rights.
- Identify and assess potential reputational risks associated with content and messaging, and propose solutions tominimize these risks while maintaining effective communication strategies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to enforce brand and corporate messaging guidelines, ensuringconsistency and coherence across all communication channels.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to conduct training sessions on compliance-related topics, emphasizing theimportance of adhering to guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Generate regular reports on compliance metrics and issues identified during content reviews, providing insights tomanagement and stakeholders.
- Stay updated with industry trends, legal developments, and emerging best practices to enhance the effectivenessof compliance efforts and adapt the company’s communication strategies accordingly.
- Ensure all content meets high standards of accuracy, clarity, and professionalism, while aligning with thecompany’s mission, vision, and values.
- Collaborate with crisis management teams to assess communication strategies during sensitive situations,ensuring that messaging complies with legal and reputational considerations.
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in content compliance, messaging review, or a similar role.
- Deep understanding of international legal and regulatory requirements related to corporate communications and
- marketing content.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail and the ability to identify potential risks and areas of improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to provide clear and constructive feedback.
- Familiarity with branding principles and the ability to maintain consistency across various communication
- Knowledge of crisis management and the ability to handle sensitive issues professionally.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
- Collaborative and capable of working with cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience in a compliance or risk management role is a plus.
This company occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world’s largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.