$37.39 - $41.55 Hourly
Responsible for the day-to-day product review of licensed products for an area and/or specific category from concept through production working with internal teams and licensees. Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the highest quality, consumer focused, trend-right product lines across all channels of distribution (licensing, and flex business models) that build brand equity and meet financial targets.
- Manage and execute licensed product approvals through online systems and collaborative approval meetings, ensuring high quality standards in character execution, in-depth storytelling, color, material, form and function while maximizing profitability
- Deliver creative feedback externally to drive and inspire creative direction on product clearly and in a concise manner to streamline communication with licensees
- Collaborate with internal partners (Creative Design, Licensing Commercialization, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, BPM, Public Affairs, D&I teams, Cultural Consultants) and external partners (Studios & Channel Content Providers, Games, Publishing, WDI, Licensees, DTR Partners) to review and approve all products
- Collaborate with the greater product design and creative teams to drive up-front trends, overall creative direction and identify future areas of growth within the franchise and across product categories, including the preparation of custom design tools, POV boards, and Activation Kits
- Collaborate with Global Product Design teams
- Monitor competitors, product innovation and market dynamics
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple design projects, running simultaneously with varying levels of complexity
- Manage high volume product approvals and work to build process efficiencies throughout product offerings
- Become knowledgeable of the internal creative database to provide guidance in collecting and confirming usage of assets by licensees
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (e.g. industrial design, toy design, graphic design, fashion design)
- 1+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge in softlines categories (raw materials, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition, manufacturing)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong product design skills (e.g. sketching, creative application and manipulation of art, final mechanical art, fabric and trim identification)
- Strong computer software skills (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator)
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $37.39 – $41.55 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.