$65/hr - $75/hr
This is a remote role but ideally candidates can be on-site in Santa Monica, CA.
Pay Range: $65/hr – $75/hr
- Collaborate with Artists and Engineers on tool and pipeline development, and to define, build, and fix workflows.
- Build tools and widgets using Blueprint visual scripting, blender scripting, python scripting, and C++ to extend DCC tools and the UE5 editor.
- Partner with Technical Art and Art leadership to inform best practices and workflow, pipeline, and asset production, and ensure high quality, consistent support.
- In collaboration with Environment Artists, define technical art needs to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Based on art workflows, provide technical support by collecting data to design, develop, or further improve the workflows and tools our Artists are using.
- Work through ambiguity while still delivering timely and high-quality results.
- Demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback. Cooperate and collaborate with other to share techniques and ideas.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Design, Fine Arts, Human Computer Interaction, Visual Communications or related art field AND 4+ years’ experience in art design or a related art field working on computer games or entertainment or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a technical artist specializing in creation of tools, workflows, and pipelines
- Fluency in modern scripting languages, such as Python, PyQT, Pyside, and Blueprint
- Experience with C++ or C#
- Ability to rapidly prototype in engine, iterate, and then deliver final tools that can be leveraged by others
- Expertise in industry standard content creation tools such as Maya, Photoshop, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush with the expertise to extend tool capabilities of these packages through programming and scripting
- Expertise in game development using game engines such as Unreal or Unity
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of material/shader development and experience with Substance Designer/Painter or equivalent software
- You are passionate about building tools, toolkits, and documentation/guidance
- Assist with the management and integration of art and animation assets to ensure content is optimal for performance and memory
- Experience with art production, scan data, outsourcing, and AAA game development
- Collaborative style with the skills and interest in leading and directing
- Good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $65/hr – $75/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.