$58.16 - $64.63 Hourly
This role is for a usability researcher who will support foundational/generative research and evaluative usability testing. This position will work directly with one of three UX Design Researchers.
- Conduct B2B UX research on one or all of the following types of audiences – individual employees, People leaders (execs, senior leaders, managers), IT Admins/Managers, and HR / Data analysts.
- Work directly with Design and Product Management partners on key priority design projects from early-stage foundational user research to iterative design evaluations.
- Perform ongoing UX Health studies to evaluate if design-built experiences are at the appropriate level for release to engineering.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as moderated and unmoderated interviews, group discussions, and surveys.
- Derive insights from quantitative and qualitative data, complementing other research that you will conduct on your own or in partnership with other researchers and stakeholders
- Work priorities aligned to guidance from Principal Design Researcher and Principal UXR Manager.
- 5-7 years of hands-on research and/or product planning experience, with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing human behavioral data to improve plans and UX in a technology industry setting
- An advanced degree in HCI (human-computer interaction), market research, human factors, psychology, or a related field with a strong emphasis on research techniques and understanding humans / designing technology to meet their needs, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience
- Qualitative early stage foundational research experience to understand and build out user role needs, jobs to be done, and challenges.
- Qualitative evaluative research experience and UX Health research (e.g. Heuristic Reviews, Experience Reviews, iterative Usability testing)
- Business To Business research experience is a key requirement in this role
- You are eager to learn and understand about user audiences, their behaviors, context(s) and motivations – across all phases of the customer lifecycle and user journey
- Can demonstrate strong empathy for these users while balancing the vision and constraints of stakeholders
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and flexibility
- Track record of operating independently, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal partnering skills.
- Experience building strong collaborative relationships with peers and stakeholders
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $58.16 – $64.63 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.