Our client is looking for a Graphic Designer to cover a 3 month leave. This is a 20-30 hour/week, remote (PST) position.
- Minimum two years’ print production experience, including four-color process and production of various types of communication pieces
- Demonstrated desktop publishing (DTP) skills and experience using Adobe Suite, especially PhotoShop, Bridge, InDesign and Dreamweaver. Fireworks, Flash, Publisher, PageMaker knowledge a plus.
- Experience using Windows and MS Office tools, including Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of graphics and printing terminology.
- English language grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability and experience in communication of printing specifications to vendors.
- Effective organizational skills; careful attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively produce a high volume of work with multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Develop original visual solutions for specific marketing communications challenges
- Follow and demonstrate an understanding of supplied strategy and tactics when developing visual solutions
- Offer input to help strategic development and help steer Marketing budgets and timelines
- Use appropriate tools to produce presentation comps and to execute designs for final production
- Support design decisions by developing a rationale
- Skillfully execute comps or finished layouts that they, or another Designer may have conceptualized.
- Proactively seek comp review and facilitate review process.
- Create efficient layout files to facilitate production.
- Be flexible in accepting tasks in keeping with department goals.
- Review quality of work before routing for approval, to develop and maintain high standards of professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to enhance skills, aesthetics, and market knowledge.
- Keep current with primary design software and technical advances.
- Assist with Web graphics occasionally as required
- File conversions
- File maintenance, recordkeeping, archiving
- Project tracking
- Vendor follow-up
- Customer communication
- Directly accountable to Marketing Manager.
- Works closely with community Sales personnel and with the Marketing and Public Relations team to make sure budgets and timelines are met.
- Designs and visual solutions communicate client’s messaging and meet or exceed corporate Marketing standards.
- Projects are completed within established deadlines.
- Recordkeeping is maintained up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintains positive, professional, customer-service oriented relationships with clients and corporate personnel.