$70.30 - $78.12 Hourly
The Lead Data Scientist drives internal data analytics projects. Projects will vary from short explorations of our data to longer-term implementations of advanced predictive and machine learning models. The Lead Data Scientist constantly explores our existing data while seeking out new data to consume. They apply analytical and data science methods to real world datasets to solve ongoing business problems. The Lead Data Scientist effectively communicates both technical and analytical concepts across all levels of the organization, and they influence the roadmap and decision-making through presentation of data-based recommendations.
- Researches and resolves data inquiries and requests
- Provides insights and serves as a subject matter expert for department data
- Documents requirements for data science and reporting projects.
- Supports the development of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards.
- Collaborates with other teams to gather data and build relationships
- Performs time-series analyses, hypothesis testing, and causal analyses to statistically assess relative impact and extract trends across all relevant functional areas
- Transforms data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Designs experiments and interprets the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
- Builds statistical models to enhance understanding of trends and predicts future performance.
- Finds new opportunities and novel applications for our core internal data.
- Translates and champions our Machine Learning capabilities for non-technical audiences.
- Participates in end-to-end data science project lifecycle – data mining and exploration, model development and evaluation, solution deployment in production, measurement and tracking.
- Designs, validates and evaluates solutions using R, Python, SQL and other programming tools.
- Creates presentations for senior leaders, which are often used to build board level presentations.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $70.30 – $78.12 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
This role is budgeted until the end of the year, but very likely to extend into 2024 once budgets are approved for the new year
This role is 100% remote with CST hours. Client prefers candidates from Austin or other Texas location
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.