C$39/hr - C$49/hr
This is a hybrid role in Vanouver, BC.
Pay Range: C$39/hr – C$49/hr
This client is a first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. Their objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of the company’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible. As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, grit, all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
We are looking for a Technical Narrative Designer who can help us ideate, prototype, implement, and polish innovative story-based experiences. The Technical Narrative Designer is a key contributor to the execution of a game story and development of narrative systems in campaign and multiplayer modes. Reporting to the Lead Narrative Designer, the Technical Narrative Designer will collaborate closely with other designers, developers, and artists across the studio to help ensure seamless integration of story and gameplay.
- Have shipped at least one title in a technical design role (such as narrative, mission design, gameplay design).
- Have proficient experience with a major game engine and a firm knowledge of visual scripting. Unreal/Blueprint experience is a plus.
- You are comfortable with rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of new gameplay features and tools.
- Have conscientious knowledge of industry trends in interactive storytelling, with a genuine interest in creatively advancing the medium.
- Associate’s Degree in Art, Game Design, or related field AND 3+ years relevant internship/work experience (e.g., game development and design, systems design, content production)
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Art, Game Design, or related field AND 3+ years related work experience (e.g., game development and design, systems design, content production)
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Art, Game Design, or related field AND 2+ years related work experience (e.g., game development and design, systems design, content production)
- OR equivalent experience
The target hiring compensation range for this role is C$39/hr – C$49/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. If applicable add additional language: Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets. This includes:
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives.
We have a simple philosophy at Aquent: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Aquent, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards!
LEARN MORE HERE: http://aquent.com/rewards/