The goal of the campaign is to build support for quality early childhood care and education in Nebraska.
Direct target audiences of the campaign include:
• Networks and organizations that engage influencers (defined as community/opinion leaders and public officials)
• Parents and families
• The early childhood care and education workforce
Since launching in June of 2022, this organization has partnered with more than 100 organizations and businesses, has engaged nearly 12,000 Nebraskans through virtual and
telephone town hall events, has generated approximately 11 million impressions through paid media efforts, 114,000 website visits (with 20% going to Spanish pages and resources), is planning the second annual We Care for Kids Day Governor proclamation, has sent more than 65,000
postcards to households with young children with information on how to access early childhood resources, has engaged with communities across Nebraska hosting outreach events, and more.
The Campaign Manager will lead the implementation of this effort as it moves into its next
phase, in collaboration with an Early Childhood Institute and key Nebraska partners, to
achieve the following campaign objectives:
1) Promote an aligned understanding of quality in early childhood education across target
2) Increase the understanding and appreciation of the role of the workforce in providing
quality early childhood education in Nebraska
3) Expand recognition of the economic importance of quality early childhood education
and providers in Nebraska with influencer and workforce audiences
4) Build public will for access to quality early childhood education across all three target
5) Increase communications capacity among campaign partners and collaborators to
sustain and continue community engagement efforts made in public campaigns
While this position will include the flexibility to work remotely in the state of Nebraska, the
Campaign Manager has the option to work from the client’s Omaha office up to 3-4
days per week. Some travel may be required to communities and events throughout the state.
Responsibilities of the Campaign Manager
Working cooperatively with our client’s Early Childhood Institute and state partners, this position
will manage the day-to-day implementation and execution of the integrated strategic and
culturally responsive campaign plan intended to reach targeted audiences across the state
and in select Nebraska communities.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Recruiting campaign partners, fostering partner engagement with the Campaign, and identifying and implementing opportunities to expand the reach of the Campaign across Nebraska.
• Serving as a campaign spokesperson by participating in media interviews, presenting at conferences/meetings as needed, and representing the campaign at meetings and
events across the state.
• Developing, executing, and managing campaign deliverables to be completed accurately and on time, and tracking success of engagement and communications
strategies against key performance indicators.
• Leading project management for all aspects of campaign plan and ensuring key milestones, deadlines, and reporting requirements are met and managing coordination
with our client’s early education Institute, campaign advisory group members, and key Nebraska partners, including:
o Developing call/meeting agendas and providing regular campaign milestone tracking to key campaign team members at the Institute and our client.
o Completing all reporting requirements including monthly billing and progress reports and quarterly metrics reporting for partners and funders.
o Coordinating closely with subcontractors to manage workstreams and deliverables, communicating updates with our client and Institute teams as necessary.
• Coordinating and training volunteers as needed for campaign-hosted events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities / Competencies
Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess the following:
• Demonstrated competency in developing culturally appropriate communications.
• Demonstrated competency in creating and maintaining collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including community partners across
• Bilingual ability in Spanish is a plus, as this campaign is both in English and Spanish.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills
• Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and short-term deadlines
• Interpersonal, organization, and detail orientation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three (3) years of project experience related to the area of assignment, including one year of supervisory project experience.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $28.00 to $33.00. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.