$43/hr - $53/hr
This is a hybrid role in Vancouver.
Pay Range: $43/hr – $53/hr
You have experience prototyping and implementing game features and understand the importance of standards for a large scale project. You will help drive implementation of the design through collaboration across disciplines. We’re looking for a candidate who is creative, self-motivated and able to adapt to various modes of design work.
- Work closely with Gameplay Designers and Technical Designers on game design initiatives and features
- Work with Senior Technical Designers to establish best practices for new systems and designs
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to realize and iterate on designs
- Implement design features in-engine from prototypes to final implementation
- Create and maintain high quality design and systems documentation
- Create and maintain functional tests for gameplay features
- Validate compliance with project standards and conventions
- Contribute to tools and designer workflow improvements in collaboration with Senior Technical Designers and Engineering
- Strive for the most fun and exciting player experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong game design foundation
- Strong technical foundation using scripting tools in a modern game engine (for example Unreal or Unity)
- Strong knowledge of Python/Lua scripting
- Some knowledge of C++ is an asset
- Creative and analytical with a keen eye for detail
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $43/hr – $53/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. If applicable add additional language: Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets. This includes:
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives.
We have a simple philosophy at Aquent: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Aquent, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards!
LEARN MORE HERE: http://aquent.com/rewards/