We are a federally chartered, nonpartisan institution that was
created by the US Congress to serve as America’s national memorial to the victims of the Holocaust and
an educational institution dedicated to the history and lessons of the Holocaust. We seek to
educate Americans from all 50 states and all walks of life as well as international audiences. We have
three areas of expertise: Holocaust remembrance, Holocaust scholarship and education, and
In carrying out its important memorial and educational mission, we are guided by its institutional
values for our workplace: Honor the memory of the victims; carry out our work with dignity, humility,
integrity and respect for others; and strive for excellence through teamwork, rigor, and a culture of
continuous learning. Consistent respect for others is the foundation for trust, collegiality and inclusion.
The Marketing Communications (MARCOM) Office is seeking a creative and passionate individual to join
our team to help build an ever-expanding, active global audience that understands the relevance of the
Holocaust and embraces the vision of a world where people confront hatred, prevent genocide and
promote human dignity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
MARCOM is seeking a Digital Designer with expertise designing and producing email templates,
animations and interactive content for use online, for social media and event presentations to support our
robust omni-channel content strategy. While the Digital Designer reports to the Art Director of MARCOM’s
Creative division, the team responsible for creating branded multimedia products and experiences, the
incumbent also serves as a key member of MARCOM’S Audience Engagement division, the team
responsible for the digital engagement of a wide variety of target audiences through email, social media
and other digital strategies.
The primary role of the Digital Designer is designing, producing and coding responsive email elements,
interactive landing pages, social media graphics and paid advertising graphics, as well as assisting with
other digital graphic design and motion design projects as needed to support events and internal
This professional should have proven experience effectively translating strategic goals into high-level,
compelling creative solutions across every digital platform.The person must have the ability to develop
creative that speaks effectively to various target audiences while maintaining the tone and voice of the
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION: This is a full-time, fully remote contracted position.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Date of issue to September 30, 2024
● Email marketing – Acts as liaison across 2 main teams, to balance the digital/email tech with
brand implementation. Partner with cross functional teams to develop and effectively
communicate responsive designs through testing and implementation phases. Strong knowledge
of on-going email client, OS and browser updates that can impact user experience is required.
This position is critical support for the consistency and scalability of digital design elements
across all our email platforms.
● Online Media – Banners, roadblocks, custom units – multi-browser functional, Includes HTML5
Animated Banners, Animated Banners & Static units for use in Google Doubleclick and other 3rd
● Graphic Design – Creates landing pages for brand websites, social media assets, and other
digital assets as needed.
● Motion Design – Creates motion graphics for our social media channels and to support video
and event content.
● Collaboration – Collaborates with the Art Director, Editors, E-team, Social Team and Video Team
to translate strategies and concepts into digital and motion design. Works closely with other
teams within the ——– to set project goals and strategies. Serve as a creative expert on
project teams by communicating ideas and delivering high quality designs that help to achieve
● Adaptation – Adapt existing campaigns, designs and concepts to digital platforms.
● Consultation – Consultation on web design conventions, optimization and best practices.
● Establishes, implements, and maintains an archiving procedure, archiving jobs frequently and
keeping the archive organized and up-to-date.
● 5+ years digital or UX design experience in creating, designing and developing email
communications, banners, motion graphics, and rich media; strong Graphic/Web/Interactive
● Expertise in UX Design & Web Design conventions, optimization and best practices
● Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite, including: Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, After Effects,
Animate, Edge and Dreamweaver. Desired: Premiere and Adobe XD
● Experience in Adobe Captivate, Mockflow and Adobe XD
● Advanced proficiency with of HTML, HTML5 & CSS code and can communicate code to
● Understanding of digital marketing fundamentals, best practices, user experience
● Strong understanding of Email Client x Cross Browser compatibilities/ rendering issues
● Adoption of mobile-first principles for iOS and Android responsive design
● Strong knowledge of cross platform email design and testing using Email on Acid, or other
third-party testing tool
● Experience with the GoogleSuite (docs, slides, sheets, calendar) for collaboration and
communication, as well as other tools like, Slack, Jira, Trello, etc.
● Excellent oral and written communicator
● Must be creative, strategic, proactive and collaborative
● Must be a self-starter who manages time well while working through a prioritized task queue of
● Preferably the candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in a Graphic Design, Digital Design,
Interactive Design, Web Design or related design field or an Associate degree with applicable