$45.00 to $50.00
Want to use your storytelling skills to help build a better internet? We’re looking for a writer and editor for our clients consumer-focused blog that’s read by millions of people every year. Our content distills tech-related topics for the daily web user.
The goal: to empower individuals with knowledge that enables them to make healthy online choices every day.
You’ll write and edit internet explainers and guides using experts as a resource, interview people doing interesting things online, and engage readers with news about our products and the important work that we do.
- The right person for this role is curious about the power of the choices we make online, whether that involves data privacy, internet policy or transparency in tech.
- You have a body of work that shows your knack for transforming complex topics into compelling stories that resonate with a broad audience. We’re a very collaborative organization – so it helps if you enjoy exchanging ideas with people across different disciplines, from engineers and product managers to marketing creatives.
As editor you will:
- Work closely with marketing and product teams to generate ideas and produce blog posts, including tech explainers, interviews and product announcements.
- Edit pieces that come in from other employees and/or freelancers
- Collaborate with members of the social media, product communications, newsletter and websites teams to determine the best ways to promote blog content.
- Optimize blog posts for search engines.
- Write asset briefs and work with the studio team to source visuals for blog content.
- Participate in content brainstorms around product launches, marketing initiatives, cultural events and technology news.
- Track blog analytics and present monthly learnings to marketing teams.
- Maintain and update Dist://ed blog content calendar on Asana.
- Upload content to our content management system (WordPress).
Your professional profile:
- 2-3+ years of writing experience in an editorial role, preferably in media, publishing or digital marketing.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and AP style.
- Attention to detail, from spelling and grammar to brand voice and accuracy.
- Excellent research skills and experience interviewing sources.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize and pivot as needed.
- Experience working with a CMS.
Bonus points for…
- Having a background in writing about complex subjects for a wide audience.
- Keeping up-to-date with tech news and trends.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $45.00 to $50.00. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.