$71.23 - $79.14 hourly
Aquent’s Client is looking for an experienced Perforce and Infrastructure Service Engineer Contractor to join our team. Qualified applicants need to be highly organized with strong communication skills, possess a customer-first mindset, and thrive in a fast-paced game production environment. We are looking for a Perforce subject matter expert to monitor and support the studio’s technical and engineering requirements as it relates to our game development and studio infrastructure. In this role, you will work with game developers on their day-to-day Perforce and technical infrastructure requirements which may include performance optimization, technology integration, engineering support, and asset management.
At the core of this team, we’re about craft, storytelling, and looking ahead. We seek to shape the future of narrative-driven games by leveraging the most innovative tech and talent from the industry. We value original, critical thinkers & doers who can come together as a cohesive team, capable of creating genre-defining games.
On this team, the multi-studio development team reimagining a sci-fi action-adventure game , we’re seeking collaborative problem solvers who are eager to work with this franchise. You will be joining a group of developers across internal and external studios who have contributed to some of the most celebrated, critically acclaimed properties recognized for their excellence and cutting-edge technology, visuals, gameplay, and narrative.
Perforce and Service Engineering Support – 70%
• Administers and develops end-to-end expertise in Perforce service and/or system design, interactions between technology layers and components, functions of infrastructure, and dependencies at scale.
• Initiates and implements service design by driving efforts within an organization to identify, define, recommend, and build optimal configurations of technology solutions, including Perforce, with considerations for cost management, reliability, efficiency, observability, and/or performance of supported products and services.
• Drives technology reviews with the engineering teams that develop and/or manage services, identifying opportunities for efficiencies in operations and sharing learnings and recommendations across engineering and development teams.
• Independently implements reliable, scalable, and high-performance solutions across teams. Contributes to design documents. Owns implementation and rollback plans. Maintains quality checklist and related documentation.
• Creates, monitors, and takes action on telemetry data and influences telemetry analytics to better identify patterns that reveal errors and unexpected problems that are affecting the system’s availability, reliability, performance, and/or efficiency.
• Proactively identifies and recommends solutions for Perforce deployment and overall engineering performance optimization, technology integration, asset management, and workflow.
Incident Response and Troubleshooting – 30%
• Responds to incidents during regular rotations, including complex issues with co development partners or internal game developers, by identifying the level of impact, troubleshooting, contributing to difficult decisions based on business impact, deploying appropriate fixes to resolve root cause(s), and implementing automations for prevention of recurring issues through coordinating resources required for incident resolution.
• Contributes to postmortems and shares details related to incidents and their resolution through post-mortem reports and regular review meetings
• Provides expert incident response assistance to other Engineers and technology teams as needed and develops incident response and resolution guidance.
• Develops scripts and/or automation and leverages an understanding of solutions to define, develop, measure, track, change, and improve the quality of telemetry pipelines that support automated monitoring and incident response.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT engineering and operations, supporting large-scale and complex infrastructure systems within the last 8 years.
• Minimum of 4 years in advanced enterprise administration, specifically with Windows Server 2019/2022, Active Directory, and on-prem virtualization setup and configuration.
• Minimum of 2 years of cloud administrative experience and at least 3 years of overall experience working with Cloud technologies.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing, developing, and testing complex infrastructure solutions that support distributed software development while ensuring security, scalability, and reliability.
• Engineering and IT Operations experience within a Game Studio.
• Minimum of 2 years of proficient experience in all aspects of Perforce within a game development enterprise setting.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in delivering advanced support for Windows 10 or 11 workstations in an enterprise setting.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting a hybrid enterprise network, including maintaining cloud network environments, regional ISPs and on-prem network topologies.
• Minimum of 2 years consistently delivering results that meet service level agreements (SLAs)
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $71.23 – $79.14 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.