$28.26 - $31.41 Hourly
The Copy Editor demonstrates full knowledge in assigned area and works under direction only as needed. Copy-edits, proofreads and fact-checks materials to ensure accuracy of information and consistency with the tone and style of our client’s communications. Applies knowledge of broader business goals in copy-editing and proofreading materials. The copy editor is a key member of the marketing team and is responsible for reviewing a variety of marketing materials to ensure the highest quality deliverables. The copy editor will work with various internal groups to manage projects and ensure all tasks are scheduled and completed on time.
This is a hybrid role which requires 2-3 days per week onsite at our client’s Los Angeles, CA office.
Financial services copy editing experience is required for this role.
- Copy edits and proofreads print and electronic materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style and tone, as well as disclosure requirements. Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources.
- Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures.
- Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages.
- Copyedits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Determines impact to existing materials when compliance language is added or changed. Understands and applies required disclosure language across all collateral and channels.
- Monitors existing copyediting tools and resources, including, but not limited to, the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style, as well as a number of internal sites and systems.
- Stays informed of and incorporates style guide changes in content to ensure consistency of the tone and style of Customer’s communications.
- Demonstrates sound judgment when resolving matters of moderate complexity.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong grammar and syntax skills.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments; follows Chicago and AP styles.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and across broad, diverse groups; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational and multitasking skills; demonstrated ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of financial and investment concepts.
- Requires at least 3-5 years of copyediting experience.
- Experience in financial, pharmaceutical or medical environment is strongly preferred
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $28.26 – $31.41 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they’ve worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!