$46/hr - $56/hr
This is a hybrid role in Vancouver.
Pay Range: $46/hr – $56/hr
Responsible for carrying through the artistic vision of the project and applying your experience directly to rigging game assets that are vital to the team and for the game animation systems.
- Work closely with the Rigging Lead to create rigged assets that conform to the technical guidelines of the target platform and engine.
- Follow direction from the Rigging Lead, as well as seek feedback from peers and art leads when needed.
- Trouble shoot rigged assets, fix content issues, and test on target platform
- Participate in meetings as part of effective communication with the team.
- Capably and consistently meet project deadlines and milestones set by project leads.
- Document new rigging tools, techniques and workflows as required
- Be a positive and creative force in the team.
- 3+ years as a professional rigger or equivalent experience
- AA/BFA preferred, or at least can demonstrate through a portfolio an industry standard level of rigging
- Proficient with Maya, with a high capacity to learn new tools and processes
- Human/animal anatomical knowledge
- Clean and efficient smooth skinning practices
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of industry trends and technologies
- Have a proactive work ethic; capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges
- Prepared to learn in-studio workflow and tools
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5 is a benefit
- Python scripting knowledge is a benefit
- Experience with MotionBuilder is a benefit
- Knowledge of Cloth or simulation is a plus
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $46/hr – $56/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. If applicable add additional language: Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets. This includes:
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives.
We have a simple philosophy at Aquent: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Aquent, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards!
LEARN MORE HERE: http://aquent.com/rewards/