$64.03 - $71.14 hourly
Aquent’s Client is looking for a UX Designer (Packaging) to join our Product Experience team for a contract. The UXD is responsible for supporting the team lead with the user experience and design of the product’s complex device packaging programs; Guiding US, Australia, and New Zealand design systems to meet customer needs in their unique purchase journey. The UXD leverages their systems-oriented, strategic design skills to ensure a cohesive packaging and unboxing experience at scale. They utilize user research and data to identify customer pain points and drive improvements for localization, accessibility, and shopability.
You are an organized self-starter with experience working on established and successful global design systems in a scale-up environment. You consider details and tailor products with human-centered thinking—considering every type of learner. You bring an expertise of layout, typography, illustration, and press constraints to support complex device packaging and manufacturing needs. You’re an effective collaborator—communicating and escalating blockers as required—to ship products on-time and on-brief. Above all, you are focused on solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Scope and drive creative development and execution for device packaging and unboxing experience.
• Foster shared understanding of customer needs in addition to how design, technology, and business intersect to meet those needs.
• Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, requirements, prototypes, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications.
• Drive UX solutions that endlessly advocate for the customer in the region and ensure their voices are heard.
• Maintain design guidelines to streamline and standardize device packaging.
• Support the preparation of printed materials for press, working with production to verify proofs and confirm file accuracy.
• Work closely with interdependent cross-functional teams
• Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities by listening to others and valuing opinions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related design field or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of professional experience.
• An online portfolio demonstrating success in effective user-centered design solutions.
• 4+ years of experience building out templated design systems
• Working knowledge of human centered design principles and practice.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, synthesize feedback, present, and sell-through ideation.
• Experience measuring the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals.
• Familiarity with research methodologies and turning customer feedback into actionable findings.
• Ability to multitask and complete projects on time and successfully by staying organized and efficient.
• A complete understanding of all visual communications including typography, layout, and photo direction, as well as the ability to work with content strategy to create distinct solutions that solve for the user experience.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $64.03 – $71.14 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.