$46/hr - $56/hr
This is a hybrid role in Vancouver.
Pay Range: $46/hr – $56/hr
We are seeking for a highly creative and motivated Blendshape Character Artist. Working on a AAA console title, you will work with a team of highly experienced artists to help deliver high quality facial and body blendshapes for characters and creature assets.
- Adhere to the Character Modeling quality bar set by the Art Director and Lead Character Artist for blendshapes and body deformation.
- Actively accepts feedback from the Technical Animation Director, Lead Character Artist and Lead Cinematic Animator.
- Work with the Animators and Riggers to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of facial deformation and body deformation.
- Collaborate with Lead Character Artist and technical teams to develop character and creature blendshapes procedures & pipelines.
- Works towards established production deadlines.
- Must have 2-4+ years of experience in film/television or video games and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of facial anatomy and creating blend shapes for facial expressions using FACS
- Experience and/or education in sculpting and drawing realistic organic forms with an emphasis on human, biped and quadruped shapes. Excellent anatomical understanding.
- Experience working on creatures, topology, and blendshapes.
- Expert in Maya a must and Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Experience with Unreal Engine a plus.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Good communication, organizational and time management skills.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is $46/hr – $56/hr. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. If applicable add additional language: Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match
You will want to read this fine print. Part of our mission is to take care of you, so we offer the best benefits. Unlike other staffing companies, we provide talent with the same benefits that our CEO gets. This includes:
- A choice of three major medical plans (including vision coverage) plus dental insurance
- Paid sick leave for all hourly talent in the U.S. and Canada
- 401(k) with a match and immediate vesting
- Exclusive employee discounts through Promo Code: Aquent
- Access to hundreds of professional development courses through Aquent Gymnasium
- And much more
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives.
We have a simple philosophy at Aquent: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Aquent, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards!
LEARN MORE HERE: http://aquent.com/rewards/