Temp to Perm
This role requires being onsite 2-3 days per week in Houston, cannot support corp to corp
Our major Energy client in Houston is seeking a Senior UX Researcher for their New Energy initiative to lead teams through the customer centered research process throughout the business journey.
If you are a passionate, curious, motivated, qualitative research professional, we want to talk to you.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will enable business teams to learn deeply about their customers, uncover customer pain, motivations, desires, and vet early ideas through group facilitation and direct research. Our typical research process involves open-ended interviews, storyboards and prototypes, as well as custom research to validate / invalidate hypotheses and better understand risks. This includes:
● Coaching teams on tactics and best practices for conducting effective user research
● Developing research and testing strategies and logistics for entrepreneurial teams by assisting in the creation of interview scripts, storyboards, and prototypes
● Working with other researchers to devise custom research strategies
● Leading research synthesis and translating observations into findings
● Partnering with designers on the creation of design artifacts in various degrees of fidelity
● Providing thought leadership on Schlumberger research methodologies such as piloting new tactics, where appropriate, for incorporation into the Schlumberger user research toolkit
● Collaborating with product teams to find creative ways to recruit relevant research participants
To be successful, we have found the following characteristics to be beneficial:
● Interest in a wide variety of global business topics, with a curious mind and the ability to make connections between diverse fields and industries
● Comfort within a fast-paced, collaborative environment with product teams
● Desire and patience to mentor others (including non-researchers)
● Ability to pivot, when necessary, and skilled at knowing when to lead versus when to collaborate
● Adept at delivering high-quality research outcomes within time and budget constraints
● Willing to be flexible and work when the work is needed, sometimes at odd hours (there are lots of peaks and valleys during a season cadence)
● Supportive of colleagues when they need a hand to keep projects running smoothly
● Politically savvy when working with senior management with an ability to work effectively with all levels of organizations
● 10+ years of relevant work experience
● Degree in human/computer interaction, behavioral economics, cognitive psychology, design, media studies, marketing, or related field
● Experience with a variety of qualitative user research methods from foundational (remote and in-person interviewing) generative (participatory design, storyboard/concept testing), and evaluative methods (usability testing, surveys)
● Demonstrated experience applying CX research methods for conceiving, validating, and designing a product or service
● Wide experience in a vector graphics editor and prototyping tool, ideally Figma or Sketch.
● Wide experience in UX wireframing and concepting tools, ideally Figma, Axure, or Balsamiq
● Working knowledge and interest in learning a wide variety of visual mockup tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
● Clear and persuasive written and oral communication style
● Experience with prototyping tools (Figma, InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.) is a plus
● Previous experience in larger enterprise environment and within a start-up company or venture building is a plus
[Team/Role] Specific Requirements (a plus) – Carbon Management
● Expertise with access to network of contacts on Carbon / Sustainability related topics (can be on a specific topic below and/or across)
● Experience running UX research in relevant domains: Industrial operations, Energy planning, O&G subsurface, Industries (utilities, cement, petrochems, steel, manufacturing, …)
Our client is a technology company that provides digital solutions and distributes ground-breaking technologies to enable performance (and sustainability) that are crucial for the global energy industry. With expertise in more than 120 countries, the company collaborates with suppliers, contractors, and business partners in surrounding communities to create life-changing technologies that unlock cleaner and safer access to energy for every community. Psst, this also includes the communities you and I work in! How cool!
Our client knows that their employees are the biggest asset of the entire company and believes that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their highest potential. They are ever-evolving and constantly innovating to provide every. single. person. the tools to achieve higher goals! The vast diversity (representing more than 160 nationalities) is what makes the company stronger, collaboration is what helps the company achieve more..together. They will continue to give talented people the platform to perform at their very best and offer career developmental skills to help do so.
With your creative ideas, design expertise, and attention to detail–you will help create the ultimate digital experience! The experience you will gain, skills you will sharpen, and people you will meet will transfer onto your resume setting you apart from the rest. If you haven’t had experience in the energy industry yet, this is your chance to transition into a massive industry with incredible growth! Discover the impact you can make and apply today to see the many opportunities we have for you!
Working with AQUENT provides you access to some pretty awesome perks:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits, and Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
- FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You’ll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/ Compare our benefits to other agencies, here: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
- Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM