$78 to $87 an hour
Our Fortune 100 client has asked Aquent to search for a Senior UX Writer to design new and better experiences across their services through the lens of language. Specifically, in this Consultant role, you’ll contribute to the development and delivery of products for businesses, which gives companies of any size the power to control their presence on Maps and other products, which gives small businesses easy-to-use tools for managing products and services.
Our client is seeking candidates who bring excellent UX writing skills, independence, self-direction, and strong product thinking. The right candidate will also think systematically, partnering with design on intuitive, scalable patterns.
The Writing arm of our client’s UX Design team works across services and products, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. As a UX Writer embedded within the team, you’ll be responsible for many things.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Articulate the value and implications of business features for users, including aspects of the system administration, marketing, and aesthetics.
- Make managing a business with products successful for users with a diverse set of skills
- Work on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Contribute to and implement style guides and shared nomenclature across services
- Converge customer goals, business requirements, and brand values
- Boil down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy
- Collaborate with designers to uncover and solve UI challenges
- Address feedback and improve the performance of the content
- Work closely with QA, Legal, Privacy, and Localization teams to ensure content appears
- properly and accurately for every audience
- Work with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what’s possible, and push from there
Here’s What You’ll Bring:
- Portfolio with UX Writing that includes: feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education
- Demonstrated experience with style guides and shared nomenclature
- Experience within hardware, software, and technology services organizations is strongly preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
- Know how to work with wireframes and functional specs.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Think long-term, but act quickly.
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- Collaborate and build relationships across product functions, demonstrating an ability to circulate and advocate for precisely the right language.
- Have a non-exhaustible attention to detail.
- Enjoy contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across services.
Skills & Mindset:
- Have an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
- Believe in advancing the state of privacy-focused software and hardware.
- Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Oscillate between left and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Are interested in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others.
- Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
- Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
- Know and are excited about evolving the ecosystem of hardware, software, and services.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check prior to starting.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Together with some of the most talented and brightest minds in the world, your work here will make a difference that can’t be duplicated anywhere else. Your finest work will be brought out when you achieve some hefty goals at a heroic pace. One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: Long-term assignments with Aquent get you access to some pretty cool things:
- Weekly pay
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to the FSA Program
- Direct deposit of your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent Support: we check in with you throughout your contract to make sure you are happy and progressing according to your expectations (we are also looking for new opportunities for you as you approach your end date)