Science EditorRemote Across U.S.
Salary: $28.11 to $31.24 Hourly
The Science Editor is responsible for the quality, consistency, and integrity of content.
- Razor-sharp editing of science feature articles (Earth & Space, Life, Physical) and accompanying test items for grades 6–12.
- Editing content for organization, consistency, accuracy of science content, and flow of the text, helping to improve clarity and readability.
- Ensuring that all content meets our high standards of editorial and instructional excellence in tandem with the science editorial lead
- BA/MA in a science discipline and a working knowledge of Earth, Space, Life & Physical science for middle and high school
- 2+ years as an editor of materials in K–12 educational publishing or educational technology
- Experience with differentiated text and Lexile levels
- Understanding of appropriate voice, vocabulary, and compositional structure for students across grades and reading levels
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $28.11 to $31.24 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.