Content WriterChicago, IL; Remote; Virtual
Salary: $37.68 to $41.87 Hourly
This position is only open to Chicago, IL resisdents.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be a writer/editor covering daily markets and trading on our client's site. But this isn’t just a “daily markets wrap-up” writing job. Our client succeeds not by being all things to all people, but by spotting and producing stories of relevance for our clients and prospects regardless of their experience in trading or investing. In today’s news-packed market environment, our readers are looking for ways to learn and improve, and you’ll be essential to that mission. In a single day, you could be working on story about options and futures trading strategies for someone who has never executed a trade, what’s behind daily market volatility or how new tax legislation could affect the finances of our most active traders. Our client is that diverse. We serve a broad and eager audience with endless interesting story possibilities no where they are on their learning curve.
The best candidate for this job will be an experienced deadline writer and explanatory journalist who knows trading, has already covered the markets and understands the needs of individual investors who want to trade on their own. We need you to deliver the “how” and “why” of any topic so it’s clear to readers at any experience level—always keeping an eye on what they’ll need to know next.
The job is part-time (20 hours/week) and fully remote, however, there is a slight preference for Chicago-based candidates who can join us back at the office from time to time.
What you’re already good at:
- You love the world of trading and markets and can tackle breaking news coverage as easily as spotting “how-to” and “why” features our audience won’t see anywhere else
- You know how to demystify trading for any audience, regardless of their knowledge of money or markets
- You understand that every trader—beginner to experienced—has personal finance issues that are deeply relevant to them. You know how to spot those story opportunities and turn them into interesting and sharable copy
- You write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced environment
- You build strong storytelling partnerships with peers, editors, senior management and subject matter experts
- You enjoy pitching story ideas to teammates and having them do the same
- You see potential for visual storytelling in everything you create
- You can work interchangeably and comfortably as a writer/production editor to backstop team members on deadline coverage, team projects or when they take time off
- You know how to build good relationships with coworkers on a hybrid/remote team and cut through ambiguity in story, process, and everyday challenges
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $37.68 to $41.87 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.
Additional benefits offered may include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.