UX Conversation DesignerChicago Metro
The UX Conversation Designer uses human centered design methods to create industry-leading experiences from ideation to launch of a product or service. Daily, you’ll partner with other UX practitioners and leaders, engineers, developers, product management, and a variety of business partners to create innovative solutions that meet both user needs and key business objectives.
All applicants should provide work samples, with proper consideration of copyright restrictions. The applicant should be able to speak to their design philosophy and be aware of design trends. Applicants who cannot provide work samples will not be considered.
1. Three or more years experience in building user-centered conversational experiences (chat, voice, or SMS) in an agile environment as a UX conversation designer, UX designer, UX writer, or content strategist
2. Experience with linguistics, intent and holistic tuning, intent development, design methods, interaction design, information architecture, user research, prototyping, and/or content design.
3. Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, the constraints of technology platforms, Natural Language Processing, Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT).
• Create conversational flows and tune for machine-human conversations.
• Work closely with a UX lead and product teams to plan and deliver User Experiences in an agile development environment.
• Model how to use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities.
• Use design thinking methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users.
• Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions.
• Be open to feedback and engage in active listening.
• Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for products during all stages of the design process, using deliverables such as wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and prototypes created using industry software like Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
• Collaborate within product teams – assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features – advocating for the end user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals.
• Independently, and in partnership with researchers, facilitate feedback loops through frequent and appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis to inform solutions.
• Continuously grow your depth of knowledge and apply it to evolve or craft new product opportunities, including information architecture, research opportunities, and platform capabilities.
• Collaborate with product owners, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand experience and technology requirements to provide creative and thoughtful solutions.
• Measure design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions.
• Three or more years as a UX conversation designer, UX designer, UX writer, or content strategist in highly collaborative environments.
• Experience in building user-centered conversational experiences (chat, voice, or SMS) in an agile environment.
• Experience with linguistics, intent and holistic tuning, intent development, design methods, interaction design, information architecture, user research, prototyping, and/or content design.
• Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines.
• Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies.
• Trained in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors, and/or human-computer interaction.
• Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills.
• Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Native Mobile, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT).
• A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Linguistics, Design, Service Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science.
• Expertise using industry design tools such as Figma, Voiceflow, Sketch, Adobe, Axure, InVision, etc.
• Experience designing in insurance, financial, or highly regulated verticals is a plus.